THIRTY-FOUR

No one likes being woken up early in the morning, especially before the sun has even come up. You always wake up extra grumpy and pissed at the world, that's exactly what the blonde boy felt as he rolled over in his bed that morning trying to ignore the banging at his door.

"Dude come on!" Chase yells, "Let me in or so help me i'll break this door down!" Somehow Rudy knew his friend wasn't bluffing, prompting him to quickly throw himself out of bed and yank his door open.
"I'm not letting you stay cooped up in here any longer."

"Just let me wallow in self pity, Chase." Rudy mumbles, pushing his head back into his pillow. "I come to work, I do what I have to do. I can spend my down time however I want."

"You need to get over it, man! You think Hailey is in her room somewhere right now still crying over you? It's done, you blew it, now get over it!"

Chase aggressively pulls the covers off of Rudys body, throwing them onto the floor and yanking his curtains open. The blonde boy groans at the sudden light flowing through his room, he hadn't opened his curtains since they got back from LA.

"She's in Montreal." he speaks, flipping onto his back. "She's filming a new movie, I think. She's happy."
"Never pegged you as an ex stalker." Chase laughs, sitting down on the edge of the bed.
"Not technically my ex."

"Look dude, I know this isn't easy but you said it yourself. She's happy, she's moved on, now you have to let it go too. If you wanna talk it out, I'm here for you."

"You know she still talks to Bailey?"
"I didn't, but they're friends. It's normal."
"I'm not still talking to Avery or Alex or any of her friends."
"Because you hurt her, Rudy." Chase speaks, somewhat roughly, trying to get the message through his friends thick head. "If it was the other way around, Madison probably wouldn't talk to her either."

Rudy sighs, knowing his friend was right and he was being irrational. But he couldn't help it. He was still stuck on the brunette girl he'd fallen in love with so long ago.

"I just wish I had the balls to tell her sooner."

     Back in Montreal, said brunette girl had no thought of the blonde boy she used to love. What Rudy said was true, she was happy. She was meeting new people and doing what she loved but somewhere in the back of her mind there was always this nagging feeling just begging her to think of him. But she never gave in.

     She truly was enjoying herself, she was currently out exploring the city with Ben. The cold didn't seem to bother her anymore as they walked around in the snow, joking around together. They found a small little coffee shop while walking and decided to warm up a bit, grabbing their drinks and sitting at one of the tables.

"You don't really like it here do you?" Ben asks, taking a sip from his coffee.

"That's surprisingly not true, i thought i'd hate the weather but i've been proven wrong." she replies with a laugh, adding jokingly, "Blaze wouldn't agree though."
"He is a picky little pup, isn't he?" his words flowed with sarcasm making the girl laugh.

"I don't know you seem a little down lately."
"I've just got a lot on my mind."
"Penny for your thoughts?"

     And so she told him everything, from the argument she had with Rudy to the way her friends were walking around eggshells around her. It felt nice to talk to someone who wasn't really involved in the whole thing and Ben was a great listener. He stayed quiet the whole time she was talking, only pitching in when she asks him to.

"There's nothing I can do about your friends," he starts softly, "But if it's any help, I completely respect your decision in not wanting to bring him up anymore and I know it doesn't matter, but your friends should believe you when you say you're over it. You make a pretty convincing case!" and so they laughed about it.

     They continued on with their day of exploring, eventually leaving the coffee shop. Ben even shared a few stories of his love life with her and attempted to give her advice as he walked her back to her apartment.

"Thanks for coming with me today." she smiles, pulling her keys out of her pocket.
"Yeah it was fun."
"I'll see you tomorrow then." Just as she turns to unlock her door and he's halfway down the hall again, he calls out to her.

"Go out with me tomorrow." he states, shocking her.
"What?"
"Go out with me tomorrow. As a date."
"Ben I-"
"I think we could both use it. And if you don't enjoy it then it'll be like nothing happened."

She takes a moment to think it over, maybe this is what she needs to finally move on and prove her friends wrong.

"Pick me up at 8?"

AN: hehe hoho y'all are gonna hate me a while
lowkey i just want them to be together *sigh*

sidenote: catch the frozen reference cuz i'm a CHILD