FORTY-NINE

liked by jacobelordi and 209k othershaileychase back to my empty LA home🥰load more comments

haileychase back to my empty LA home🥰
load more comments...

user1 okay but this is kinda sad?
>haileychase nah everything's just in storage

user2 the fireplace looks really cool

madisonbaileybabe FINALLY!!
>user3 ARE WE GETTING A REUNION

benhardy at least give me my pic creds
>haileychase stop whining

rudeth excited to see you guys!
>user4 oop-

     "Hails, are you ready?" Ben calls out, making his way through the apartment to the room they currently shared.
"Yeah just gimme a minute!" she yells back from behind the bathroom door, the couple were heading for a night with her friends. Ben had yet to meet the OBX crew and truth be told he was kind of nervous to see Rudy.

Hailey steps out a couple minutes later in jeans and a nice floral top, looking absolutely stunning to the blonde man in front of her. They quickly call an uber and start making their way to Madisons apartment, the couple were instantly greeted with hugs upon their arrival.

The night went by surprisingly well. Ben had to admit, he was having fun and Rudy turned out to be a pretty cool guy. He couldn't help but notice the way he looked at Hailey though, Rudy looked at her in a way that Ben never could, that's how in love with her he was.

"How have things been?" Rudy asks Hailey, taking a seat on the couch next to her.
"Pretty good, yeah." she smiles. "How've you been?"
"Better."

For some reason, his reply made her feel guilty. She was out living her best friend and he was here tearing himself down at every chance he got because of her.

"He's a great guy." Rudy sighs, looking ahead of him and taking a sip from his beer.
"What?"
"Ben. I can tell you guys make each other really happy."
"We do." she clears her throat, looking over at the boy next to her. "Can I be honest?"

She wasn't sure if it was the alcohol in her system or if it was the comfort she always seemed to find in his presence, but she laid all her worries on him. How she felt something was missing, the distance being a major obstacle and he listened.

He would be lying if he said it didn't give him some kind of hope that he could get the girl in the end but he knew, he could never make her as happy as Ben does.

AN: everyone's just screaming self doubt in this chapter
sorry this one's kinda short :/