TSG: Chapter 1 The Beginning

Author's Note: What started off as a fifth-grade project turned into a series that I wanted to write. I thank my mother for being super supportive even though I don't really deserve that much from her. She's the best mother I could ever hope for. Also, I thank the rest of my family for providing for me, even though they still are since I'm still a minor, I hope I can give something back to them while writing this book. FYI The book is going to be longer than the first book since I'm now better at writing. The beginning might be slow but it's just to get to know the characters. The main characters are 18 and Ella and Sydney, yes they are going to be in this, are 45 while the boys, who are going to be mentioned, are 43. This will be in a different format that the first book was in. Now I'm going to introduce you guys to... Stranded: The Second Gen Chapter 1. 

Pictures floated in and out of my memory as I stood motionless on the cliff. I looked down and saw that the waterfall was disappearing, and the once full pool was dry. I looked up and saw darkness engulfing the area. I screamed, but nothing came out. I tried to move, but I couldn't. I just watched with my jaw open as the darkness engulfed me.

BEEP
BEEP
BEEP!

My eyes swung open as I lifted myself out of bed.

Same dream... I thought as I wiped a bead of sweat off of my face. Today was the last day of school before summer, and my friends and I are going to make the most out of it.

I quickly looked around my room, still on edge from my dream. Mostly everything was the same. Same white walls. Same red rug. I sighed. Same boring city. I smiled.
"Ignis," a voice called from below, "are you up!?" I looked at the closed door.

"Yes, I am mum," I answered as I prepared myself to take a shower.

"What do you want for breakfast?" she asked.

"You can choose!" I answered and immediately regretted it. My mum cares about healthy stuff and diets. That sort of stuff, so when I say that she can choose things, it's usually healthy greens and... I shivered. Sugar-free pancakes. I got into the shower and washed. As I started to dry myself, my phone buzzed. I walked over to it and read the message that was written on it.

yo beat the message said. I looked at the sender, and it was Jack, one of my best friends. I sighed and texted him back.

Sup String. I texted, grabbing some clothes from my dresser.

gr8. You're up he texted back. I looked at the text angrily.

Didn't I tell you to use proper grammar?

Well... I mean?

There you go.

😡

xd

So, ready for the last day of school?
I looked at myself in the mirror. I had shaggy white hair, with red tips on the ends, that I got from my mother. To be honest, I think that she just dyed it when I was a baby to make it white. I don't believe that it's anything special besides dye. It's a very, very, glossy white that seems unnatural. I was wearing a white t-shirt with a ripped jacket that says my band's name on it, "Rippers." I was also wearing ripped jeans with black military boots that I got for my 17th birthday. I sighed.

You bet I am! I texted, grabbing my bag and rushing downstairs to eat.

Okay. Ttyl Jack texted as he went offline. I got seated at the table and saw my breakfast. It was pancakes and waffles with strawberries and whipped cream on the top. I looked at it with confusion and then looked up at my mum.

"Is this all sugar-free," I asked, scratching my head in confusion. My mum looked at me with a confused look that turned quickly to laughter.

"Of course not, Ignis!" my mum exclaimed as she passed me the syrup, "it's your last day of school before you go to college, so I made you a breakfast you won't forget."

"Mum...," I started. I got up from my chair and hugged her. We stayed like that for a minute.

"Ignis," my mum asked, "don't you have school?" I quickly walked back to my seat and sat there.

"Yes, I do," I answered. I grabbed my fork and ate breakfast. It was amazing. The waffles and pancakes were cooked to perfection. The syrup was tasted everywhere on the meal. The whipped cream had fluffed up the entire meal, and the strawberries gave that sweet crunch and taste at the end.

"Mum! This is so good," I said in awe, "you are amazing at cooking!"

"Thank you, Ignis," my mum said as she took my plate, "have a great day at school!"

"Thank you!" I said as I walked out the front door. I walked to my bike that was parked out on the front porch. I took it and hoisted myself on the seat. I sighed and took out my phone to text my group of friends.

What's up, guys?

Nothing much, texted Jack.

Are you guys ready for the last day of school? Amanda texted. Amanda is my other friend who also is in our band. She's the main singer in our troupe and actually holds our band together, whether we like it or not.

Yep... It's hard to believe that this is the last day we'll all be together since we're going off to different colleges.

Ikr... It's sad.

I'm just glad that I'm getting away from some people.

You mean the "Quad of Brats?"

Yep. Those gals are the opposite of friendly.

They need to loosen their corsets.

Corsets?
Come on, Jack. We learned about this.

Did we?

Did you not pay attention in 9th grade?

No, he was too busy staring at Trevor.

Hey!

Hm?

At least I have a boyfriend.

After two years of blankly staring at him.

Stawp teasing meh 😢

Well, I'm going to sign off. I actually need to be at school.

See you there.

Bye, mah friends.

I sighed as I closed my phone and slipped it into my pocket. I pushed myself off the hill and sped down. Carefully dodging some cars, I banked right and slipped down a trail.

The trail is an understatement. It's more like a rocky road that is covered in vines and moss with trees circling it. There's a small pond in the middle of the haven. That's where I go to think and to curse at my problems. The wind shook my bike as I flew down the trail. Birds were happily tweeting, and some of the forest's rabbits were happily munching on berries near the pond. I sighed as I made it through the luscious part of the woods. I turned off on the road and peddled down to the high school.