TSG: Chapter 2: The Quad

At the front of the school, there was a boy and a girl happily chatting. They had the same jacket as me and perked up when they saw me. "Hey, Ignis!" the boy called. The girl started waving like crazy. "Hey Jack, Amanda," I said as I parked my bike in the bike racks. I clicked the lock onto my bike and grabbed my bag. I rushed to them, and we walked into the school together. Jack and Amanda look almost the same, but they aren't related in any way. Jack has shaggy brown hair with a blue streak through one of the top strands while Amanda has a lighter brown with a purple stripe through it. The only difference is, Jack has long, thin hair, and Amanda has short thick hair. Amanda is cool. She has a few piercings on both of her ears, and she always wears a ripped-up shirt with our signature jacket over it. Of course, you can't forget her hair. It's usually a mess, but she seems to make it work. She has a pixie cut. She is fiery, strong, and a great friend, but has made a promise to herself to never fight. She has never talked about it with us before but it seems like she put someone in a hospital in her last school. That's one of the only reasons why she's in our school. Even though she doesn't pay any attention to people in that way, I can't help but think about her.Jack, on the other hand, has shoulder-length hair that has kind of a slanted look. The silly thing is, I called him a girl when I first met him. He hated it, so now we joke about it all the time. Anyway, he's wearing a white t-shirt with the band's jacket on. He's wearing black ripped pants with tennis shoes. He is probably one of the sweetest people I've known and is able to make friends with even the crappiest of person. For some reason he still feels like most people don't really like him but I beg to differ. Aside that fact, he's probably the nicest person in the school.A blonde-haired boy saw us and waved to us. He was wearing a navy-blue jacket with a black shirt underneath, some darker navy pants, and some tennis shoes. He had short, smooth, blonde hair with it fading to a lighter blonde."Hi guys," he said."Hi Trevor," Jack said as he walked over to him. They chatted for a minute.Trevor is Jack's boyfriend. He is a pretty cool blonde who matches Jack's sweetness with a little bit of adventurous spirit. Girls flock after him and yet, he still chose Jack. To make it better, he can actually play an instrument, piano, and would be a great fit for the band. Me and Amanda have shipped them for years and since I was friends with both Jack and Trevor, I was able to set them up. We also have been thinking that they are going to be able to take it to the next level, aka, normal couple stuff i.e., kissing, holding hands, etc. Once that happens, I hope that Jack's insecurities will dissolve."Is it okay if I borrow Jack for a minute?" Trevor asked. "Sure!" I exclaimed. We exchanged our byes and walked to the commons area."Do you think he's going to ask him?" Amanda squealed."It would make sense. This is their first anniversary," I said thoughtfully. Amanda hopped twice and let out another squeal. "They're so cute together!" "I agree.""Who's so cute together?" asked a voice behind us. We slowly turned around. "Sarah," I said under my breath. Standing in front of us was Trevor's sister, blonde-haired, blue eyes, a perfect figure."If you're talking about my horrible brother and his boyfriend, then you must be joking!" She let out a laugh. I looked behind her and saw Rylie, Tasha, and Emma trailing behind her. Rylie was a redhead who has pale skin. She has long flowing red hair that frizzes up at times when she's stressed or angry. She has piercing green eyes that haunt me at times. She's wearing a purple dress with a darker purple skirt at the waist. She is a stuck up, snooty, feminist who has no care for anyone but herself. She usually brags about how much money she has and makes other Tasha has deep bronze skin with darker brown hair. It has two points at the top where it looks like she has ears, but otherwise, it's a simple ponytail. She has soft brown eyes that may seem innocent at first, but she's brutal. She's wearing an orange dress with a paw print on the trim of her skirt. She's the one you kind of need to watch out for.Emma had long, light brown hair. Her eyes were icy blue with a hint of pink at the bottom. They were pretty. She was wearing a typical blue cheerleader's outfit with her pom-poms stuffed in her white designer bag."He broke poor Emma's heart," Rylie said, her voice hinting sadness."And screwed up Tasha's love life," Emma mumbled."And made Sarah break up with the hottest guy in town!" Tasha exclaimed. They all started laughing."Sarah, don't you have other people to annoy?" Amanda asked, grimacing from their words. Sarah looked at Amanda."We just love annoying you since," she paused, "you don't fight back!" Amanda froze. She can't fight back because of something that happened in her last school. She got into a fight with another student who was bullying her and sent him to the hospital. She vowed never to fight again."I got this," I mumbled to Amanda. She nodded and stared at Sarah again."Maybe I can't fight back," Amanda started, "but Ignis can!""Oh please, she doesn't have the guts to throw a punch," Sarah laughed, "she lives in such a poor place, she can't even get decent clothes!""Says the plastic who has to ridicule everything that we do," I said, my hands clenched into fists.Sarah's face changed into a scowl. I smirked. "I'm not plastic!" Sarah yelled. The eyes of all the students landed on Sarah, and she blushed in embarrassment. They started laughing."Oop! My mistake," I said, batting my eyes innocently. Amanda cracked up. Before my brain could load what was happening, Tasha scraped my face. I quickly pulled my hand, instinctively, to cover it. I felt a drop of blood as it smeared against my hand. I stared at Sarah in disbelief. She was smiling as she admired her sharp nails."Oop! My mistake," she said mockingly as she batted her eyes innocently. Emma and Rylie laughed. Amanda looked like she was going to punch Tasha. I took my hand off of my face. There were three blood smudges where she scratched my face. Sarah, Emma, and Rylie were all laughing their heads off while Tasha was staring sadly at me. I'm not sure if the scratch didn't hurt, or I wasn't feeling any pain at that moment, but I didn't get to feel the damage yet. My vision became red with anger as I stared at my hand, and it soon was focused on Sarah. Before I knew it, my fist connected with her cheek. She staggered back as a red mark formed on it. I was panting as I calmed down. As I calmed down, I started to feel the pain on my cheek. "Guess I did have the guts to do it," I mumbled as I walked away in the direction of the nurse's office. Amanda gave one last scowl at Sarah's tantrum and followed. "Are you okay, Ignis?" she asked as she gave me a tissue from her bag. I took a deep breath and took the cloth."Yeah," I sighed, "only a few more hours before we lose those, she-demons for good." I pressed the tissue to my cheek. I winced at the fabric as it pushed into the cuts."Unless they're going to our college," mumbled Amanda. I sighed as we reached the nurse's office."Yeah," I muttered.I was fixed up by the nurse, but during the visit, my cheek stung. You know, like that feeling that it's being infected and spiders are biting it every second, it's uncovered. I took a look in the mirror, and I saw the damage she gave me. There were three scratches, each bleeding pretty badly, for a scratch. The skin around the scratches was puffed up and looked like it was stitched together.All in all, I rate my experience a 1/10. Amanda had to go to her first period, so we said our goodbyes. I stayed in the nurse's office until the second period, so I could kind of heal and rest.