TSG: Chapter 8: Tension

"Amanda! Wait up!" I exclaim as I rush after my girlfriend. I blush slightly at the thought; we're actually dating and it's not part of my dreams. My backpack swings with effort as my hands are full of mine and Amanda's blankets.

"Haha," she laughs, turning around, "you're so slow!"

"Maybe because I'm carrying both of our stuff," I shoot back, watching her fluffy hair swing around her beautiful face. I smiled to myself: I got so lucky! I blinked back into reality and saw Amanda was gone from her original spot. She was now standing right in front of me holding out a hand.

"I can help!" she said, a smile plastered on her face, "just give me the stuff!" I blinked and handed her the blankets and pillows. She took them and held out her hand again. I blinked slightly, holding out her suitcase. She took it and ran away, a burst of speed taking over her.

"H-hey!" I exclaimed, rushing after her after a small stumble from surprise. I plant my feet into the lush grass, my speed taking over my mind.

I remembered the first time I ran like this. Mother was so happy! I was such a fast runner! She had big dreams for me... And then he decided to ruin it. I tripped, my body lurching into the grass. My mind suddenly became focused on the present, and the pain that would soon appear. Fuck you, father. I sat up, my knees bleeding from scabs that were messed up during the fall. I sighed and mentally told myself to stop being so damn clumsy. Amanda was still ahead, not realizing that I fell. I was about to stand up when a hand appeared in front of me.

"Need a hand?" a voice asked and I looked up at Tasha's face. My face went red, either from embarrassment or being flustered to be this close to another human being. I took her hand gingerly and stood, my knees shaking from the slight blood loss. "Oh dear!" she exclaimed, looking down at my knees, "are you okay Ignis?" I nodded as she took a roll of bandages out from her bag. She kneeled down and carefully wrapped both my knees. Once she was done, she stood up and patted my shoulder. "You won't die..."

"What are you doing here...?" I asked, confused, "I thought the quad wanted you to be with them." Tasha looked to the side, a red glow appearing on her face.

"I... uh... wanted to hang out with you..." she said, her eyes widening, "and Amanda, of course! But- "she looked back to me, shrugging.

"Great!" I put on a smile, "my girlfriend and I would love to hang out with you!" I looked at her face, now struggling between a smile and a frown... or a state of shock. Why was Tasha the first one I would talk about my dating status...? And why now? Why not at a later date when we decided who we were and who we wanted to be with? I shook my head, "well, I think we're dating, though it's all very confusing. She likes me as well, but she's still confused between the friends and girlfriends' status."

"Why are you talking to me like I know who your girlfriend is?" She asked, looking away, "I know it's Amanda... but still..."

"I... Sorry..." I said, looking down.

She put on a smile, "it's okay! I guess I won't ask if I could bunk with you and Amanda because it seems like you two would not like a third-wheel..." she muttered.

"Oh! I could ask Amanda if she would like if you were with us! I'm totally fine with it!" I said with a smile on my face. I swear her face became a deeper red. Her body became fidgety and she turned her head away, her eyes glistening with some intense emotion, one that I couldn't pin-point. I realized that I liked hanging out with Tasha. She was a nice, kind, and genuinely good friend. I took out my phone, scrolling to her profile.

"What're you doing?" she asked, raising her head to look at my phone screen. I laughed as I clicked on her picture and turned on the camera.

"I'm making your basic profile better," I said, raising the camera to take a selfie of both of us. She was shocked at first but her features slowly relaxed. Without realizing, I grabbed her side and pulled her into the picture. We both smiled into the camera as I clicked the little white button. I quickly separated from her and made sure the picture saved.

"Ignis? What're you-?" a voice, Amanda's presumably, said, "Tasha?" I turned and saw Amanda, her body covered in sweat. She was panting, probably from running, and her eyes told a story that she was slightly angry. She pushed me aside and looked at Tasha. "I thought you weren't coming," she said, her voice cold.

Tasha looked uncomfortable and I had to break the tension. "Tasha decided that we wanted to hang out with us!" I said, shifting between them. I stood by Tasha's side unconsciously, and smiled. "She also helped m- "Amanda rolled her eyes.

"As long as you stay out of mine and Ignis's way, you're good. I don't want you to hurt my girlfriend."

I can't believe it! She also used girlfriend, though I feel bad for Tasha...

"Amanda. I would never hurt your girlfriend. I, in fact, helped her out just a moment ago," Tasha motioned to my bandaged knees. Amanda followed her gaze and winced. Tasha realized them before Amanda did... That means nothing...! Right...?

"Ignis..." Amanda muttered, turning away, "you clumsy idiot..." Tasha stiffened and reached for my shoulder. I stood surprised, not only because of the sudden physical touch, but also because of everything Amanda did and spoke. I took Amanda's hand and brought it up between us.

"Aman! You don't have to worry about Tash," I smiled as a small pink blush appeared on Amanda's face, "she helped me out immensely and has asked if she could bunk with us! Can she?"

Amanda looked to the side, "sure... as long as we get to share a sleeping bag..."

It was my turn to blush. Ever since I was a child, I've had sensory issues based with touch. It was based on an event that happened a long time ago. Amanda got me the help that I needed, not only for the sensory stuff, but also because of PTSD. I couldn't let her know that it was happening again. I would be a failure.

"S- "I was interrupted by Amanda.

"Don't worry, there will be no funny business."

"Right!"

"But I will need to steal a kiss or two!"

"E-eh-heh?" I looked down, anxiety prickling through my body.

"If you feel comfortable with it!" She smiled and pulled her hand away. Her smiled faded as soon as she realized that Tasha was using my shoulder as a personal hand-rest. She put on an uncomfortable stature and grabbed my hand once again, pulling me to continue our race.

"Wait!" Tasha exclaimed, "be careful of her knees!"

Amanda rolled her eyes but continued to run. I struggled to keep up, my legs screaming in pain. I would never tell her that I was in pain, but this was seriously hurting! I hope that this pain would end soon!