TSG: Chapter 6: Preparation

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. I made a mental note of the number that Tash gave to me after lunch and added her to my phone. Aside from that part, which was pretty small in the entire events of the day, nothing much happened. Oh except for the fact that I saw Jack and Trevor kissing which was—Interesting to say the least.

It was the day before the campout and I had packed all my stuff in a backpack. I made sure to sew the holes in my backpack that were appearing very frequently, now that I've had this bag for about 5 years now. I yawned as I plopped on my bed. I'm going to miss High School. It was fun while it lasted.

BING

I looked at my phone which had a notification. My heart skipped a beat as I saw that it was Amanda who texted me. Not the group chat. Me.

BING

Another name popped up next to Amanda's which was from Tasha. I sighed. I tapped on Amanda's name and typed in my code.

"0325," I mumbled, a habit I've never grown out of. The numbers have a very specific meaning to me. First of all, it's my date of birth, March 25th, 2004. Another meaning is, it's when my parents got married. I feel a wave of anger wash over me. My father, if I can really call him that, is manipulative, egotistical, and abusive. That's all I have to say about that. Periodt.

Hey Ig... she texts.

Aman?

What's up?

Are you okay? I text, a slight bit of worry scratching my head.

I guess-

Well-

Idk-

I just feel like I should do something-

Like I don't feel prepared at all...

Which worries me.

Hey, it's ok Aman.

I'm here for you girl!

That's good...

well...

you mean a friendly way...

right...?

Yeahhh?

Why?

I don't know...

just wanted to ask...

Aman?
Is there something you need to tell me?

No!

Everything is fineee

Just heard Trevor tell Jack that you like me.

My hands felt numb. What the heck Trev...? Why- I scroll out of the area and click on Trevor's name.

Trevor Nickleson.

Yooo. What's up, Iggy?

What's up...

Hmm...

It's almost as if you've told somebody about something I've kept secret for a while, and somebody managed to hear and confused herself with it.

The man found out?

A man... Trevor, you're embarrassing yourself.

Welp, not my fault that she probably feels the same way.

TREVOR!

Fine, fine. I'll take the blame for this one.

You better.

Don't worry your idiotic head about this one sis.

That's a new nickname-

well its because your kinda a idiot if you didnt know that your a idiot

Trev- your grammar got worse.

who cares about that

i dont

Yep, I'm going now-

good

Bye Sarah.

what

I closed my phone and sighed. Sarah. Why did she have to butt into my business? Hopefully, she's not going to camp. I just don't want any needless trouble. I opened it again and went to Amanda's contact. I quickly explained to her that he was joking around and you shouldn't worry about it. I said goodnight and looked at the time.

3:36 am

Dang, it... I thought, yawning. I should probably get some rest before the big day tomorrow... I closed my eyes as I drifted off to sleep, wanting to disappear from this world.