TSG: Chapter 4: The Tiger

I pulled out my phone and walked to a table. I had a free period in 4th period so I decided to just chill out and tend to my pretend social life. I pulled up Flixtergram and scrolled down to Amanda's social media. For some small reason, I felt a strong urge to talk to her or to just hang out with her. I just wanted a small bit of her time, so I could possibly find something out about her. I just... I sighed. Suddenly, a small, innocent voice spoke out behind me.

"Ignis...? Can I apologize...?" I swung around and saw Tasha standing behind me, her feet shuffling the floor. I noticed that her animal nails were off and tucked safely into her bag.

"Sure...," I said, not completely trusting her. I saw her face light up and a small smile appear on her face. She took a deep breath.

"I'm sorry Ignis...," she apologized, her shy exterior shaping into a confident form.

"It's ok-" I said, confusion wracking my mind. Why would she apologize to me? Isn't she super connected to the Quad? Unless this is some kind of sick joke, there isn't any other reason why she would be apologizing to me. My gaze hardened.

"Why did you apologize to me, Tasha?" I asked, my eyebrow rising as my suspicion grew.

Tasha's face slightly changed and I swear I saw her look away. "I just wanted to make sure that you knew that I didn't want to do that..." she mumbled, looking away.

"Did your friends put you up to this or is this actually genuine?"

"No!" she exclaimed; a horrified expression plastered on her face. She cleared her throat in attempt to lower her voice.

"No- I... my friends don't know that I'm doing this," she looked down.

"What? Why?"

She looked up once again, tilting her head. "You really don't know?" she asked.

I looked at her. "What? No."

She let out a deep sigh, her head lowering slightly, "I don't know if you've realized but..." she hesitated, letting out another breath. "They are kind of... controlling."

"No... Really?" I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes. "I never knew."

Tasha let out a small laugh, amusement sinking into her eyes. "I know right!" She exclaimed, "they totally aren't the biggest bullies in the school."

I smiled. I didn't know how Tasha could be this friendly. I guess since she was just in the Quad, I automatically assumed that she was as nasty as the rest. Seems like she's not as bad as I thought.

"So...," I started, trying to find a good way to word my thoughts without sounding mean or condescending. "Why do you always wear those nails?"

Her face slightly flickered with surprise as her hand swayed protectively over the bag that they are in. "Well... I guess it started when I was young...," she mumbled.

I placed my hand on hers without thinking, my head spinning once I realized what I've done. "You don't have to tell me Tash," I said, my hands retracting from her hands, "I know that this will probably be the last time we see each other." I sighed. I looked to Tasha's face and saw a strange expression on her face.

"Tash?" a voice exclaimed from behind me.