16.

drew joined madelyn, chase and rudy who sat in the living room of the girls apartment, leaving maddie who helped star.

"i can't believe i let this happen. this is all my fault" madelyn said

"it's not your fault, babe" chase rubbed her thigh softly

"no- no it is! maddie and i were with her last in that bathroom at the party, she went outside to wait to let another lady in being the sweet person she is and next thing we knew it she was gone. she was missing for three fucking days and that's on me. because i left her for only seconds.!" madelyn cried, her heart breaking

the four brought eachother into a group hug, madelyn and rudy hurting the most.

rudy was her boyfriend and only blamed himself, wanting her to be okay but he knew she was nothing near okay and may never be again.

madelyn was her bestfriend. she wasn't as close with star as maddie was, but still blamed herself for the mistakes that night.

"has anybody told her mom? that's she's okay and safe? she wants to see her" maddies voice broke the silence of the living room, the friends turning to see her clothes soaked but didn't care as it wasn't important.

"no- actually no, but i can?" rudy said, everybody nodding in agreement.

an hour or so had passed, nobody had left their positions in the living room besides now and then when they would check on star which was every few minutes for each.

her mom soon arrived, everybody hugged her hello and left the woman with her daughter for which lasted for hours and nobody seemed to mind as it's what the girl would've need instead of everybody that was overstepping in her space which she so desperately wanted. to be alone. it all changed when her mom arrived and she didn't want her to leave.

•••

hours past, it was around midnight and everybody had fallen asleep on the sofa and their beds.

star slept in her bed next to her mom, finally passing out after so long of being awake or drugged, she was sober and feeling the slightest bit better, but not on the inside. she felt as though she had been ripped apart. like she had something taken from inside of her.

rudy sat on the bean bag chair in the corner of her bedroom, not able to sleep either, jumping slightly as he heard her mom wake up, headed to the kitchen for a drink.

"rudy? you're still there?" she weakly smiled as she looked at the boy who's face faintly showed from the lack of light in the room.

"yeah, i don't wanna leave her" he sighed, stars mom hugging him.

"i feel like it's my fault, and there's no reason to be- i- i just can't stop blaming myself" he sighed, a tear slowly dropping from his eye.

"i'll go sleep on the couch, you can be with her" she smiles weakly, walking out.

as rudy still lay awake, he felt her shifting in her sleep, being to groan whine and cry.

"no- no no! get off of me! please! stop, you're hurting me" she murmured, sitting up and screaming, her throat raw, sitting awake as she began hyperventilating

"star! star, baby it's me- you're okay, i got you" he said, helping her steady her breathing.

both maddie and stars mom woke from the scream, barging in the room and flipping the light switch.

maddie and stars mom at on the bed, embracing her in a hug along with rudy, hoping to calm her from the nightmare.

"you're okay now, we got you baby" her mom whispered, her heart breaking at the sight of her daughter in so much pain.