bonus ⁴⁴

Mulai dari awal

"Should we make this interesting?" She asked as we trudged up a hill.

"Let's."

"Last one to get ten pigeons buys lunch,"

Farrah was just as good with a bow as I was. I'd seen her shoot before and she had perfect form. The only thing was that sometimes her reflexes would be off and she'd let the animal get away.

But I was confident I'd win.

"Perfect. I love free food."

"I do, too," she smirked.

We spent an hour setting up some traps for bigger animals, like boar and rabbit. Usually we'd dig deep into the ground to make a pit, cover the bottom with pikes, and sprinkle a light layer of leaves on top.

Since the sun was in Pisces, all of the animals were coming out of hibernation. The months before had been empty so we relied on fish for meat.

I spotted some pigeons resting on a branch and nocked an arrow. I hit one and before the rest flew away, I trained my eyes on another and hit it in the eye.

Two down, eight more to go.

I walked over to the dead birds and picked them up. We didn't skin them ourselves, somebody else usually did that.

"Just curious," she started, "Are you a Sagittarius?"

"No, I'm a Libra."

She snorted, "Come on, Soleil, a Libra couldn't hit a bird straight in the eye from that distance." She lowered her voice. "I won't tell anyone. And even if I did, nobody would care."

I glanced around but we were completely alone.

Should I risk it? We'd been friends for some time now, if she knew who we were, she would've turned us in by now.

"I'll tell you if you tell me yours."

"Fine," she shrugged, "I'm an Aries."

"Aries?" My first guess was Sagittarius. She was nothing like Mars or Remy.

"Yup. Bet you couldn't tell without the red hair, right?" It was true, since her head was shaved and the roots dyed black, there was nothing distinguishing her as a ram.

"Yeah but every Aries I know is short-tempered and aggressive." I wasn't stereotyping, the ones at my high school were very impatient and liked using their fists instead of their words.

Though for some reason, she reminded me of Remy.

"I guess it skipped me. Your turn,"

"I'm a Sagittarius." I said after a pause.

She grinned, "I knew it. You're too independent to be a Libra. And you're too good at archery, even Henri noticed, too."

"I was going to pretend I was bad at it when we went hunting the first time, but then I remembered how much I loved archery and got carried away with it."

"Stop bragging,"

"So why lie about your real sign?" I asked curiously.

"Same as you—we're in hiding."

"You and Henri?"