chapter ³⁵

❝ Don't study an Aquarius—you won't pass ❞

Don't study an Aquarius—
you won't pass

MY BODY WAS LETHARGIC when I came to in the morning

MY BODY WAS LETHARGIC when I came to in the morning. I didn't have a hangover or the urge to throw up, which was always great, but I was definitely moving more slowly.

The spot next to me was empty so I looked around the room but I was alone. Cade was probably in the bathroom or something. I really wanted to know if he was the type to get a hangover.

I did my usual morning routine but when I checked the bathroom, he wasn't there. I tried to think; the only other place he could've been was outside. Sometimes he liked to take a walk before work for some reason.

It was almost time to go down yet he still wasn't back. I honestly didn't want to look for him because the moment I left, I knew we'd pass each other and he'd end up back in the room looking for me. It happened all the time.

Ugh. But Thom was going to kill me if I showed up without Cade.

I dragged myself outside and looked around in the back near the woods. The large trees didn't make it any easier to see anything.

"Anyone out here?" I called out.

The birds chirped in response.

Was he not answering because I didn't use his fake name?

"Jaymie, I know you're out here, you can't hide from me!" I shouted. "We have work soon, you better be ready!"

Still nothing.

Why were you doing this to me, Cade? Was this revenge for making him drink with me last night? Or was this a game? Was he going to jump out and surprise me?

"Well, I guess I'll just go inside now. . ." I said loudly and slowly walked back up the hill.

I kept peaking back over my shoulder, expecting him to pop out at any time, but I was alone.