chapter ³⁰

❝ Think karma is bad?Wait until you piss off a Virgo ❞

Think karma is bad?
Wait until you piss off a Virgo

WHEN CADE SAW THE luggage—or lack thereof—in my hands, he did a double-take

"That's all you're bringing?"

"Yeah, I don't need a lot."

All I had on me was a medium-sized suitcase, backpack, and favorite bow and quiver. Since I was an expert traveller, I knew the secret to packing light. If I didn't remember to bring it then it wasn't important, and I could live without it.

When I opened the trunk, it was already crowded with two big suitcases that had to be at least fifty pounds and two spacious duffles. The crowded backseat was also full of bags, as well as a cooler and laundry basket.

"Wow. I'm guessing you don't travel much?"

"Is it that obvious?" He asked from the front.

"A little." I made space in the backseat for my suitcase and hopped in the shotgun. I dug through my backpack and took out a map of Terebellum and the other sectors. "Are we still sticking with our original plan?"

"Yeah. We'll probably get through Nashira but I don't know if we'll have enough time to make it into Situla. When we get there, though, we can go to that little town I talked about."

"And you're sure nobody will recognize me?"

"Yeah, Aquarius aren't that nosy. Not like another sign I know." He gave me a playful side-eye and he wasn't wrong; Sagittarius had insatiable curiosities.

"Very funny. Did you think about cameras and phones and the invention of social media? What if someone sees that we're missing and reports us?"

"The town's pretty remote and they don't really have technology so I wouldn't worry about it. They don't even have phones."

"That reminds me, we have to ditch our phones somewhere." Our privacy was never protected as long as we had our phones; who knew who could track us or listen to our conversations. I'd already downloaded all my pictures and important information that I didn't want to lose forever.