05. act one track five

.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。✿°。✿°
✿°。 ✿°.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。
the week before christmas break
.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。✿°。✿°
✿°。 ✿°.❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

❀。• *₊°。 ❀°。

i give this chapter to the song

you and me at christmas by why don't we

...you and me at christmas by why don't we

CURRENT SETTING - elliot & amber's dorm

thanksgiving was over (sadly) and elliot had been back at nyc for 2 weeks and was about to head back home for christmas. she'd spent the time studying, packing up her dorm, and away from social media. she hadn't been in contact with anyone beside alejandro, kairi, amber, her mom, and kinsley. olivia had been acting weird toward her and amber so she just gave her space.
"hey els?" amber asks from her side of the room.
"yeah?"
"do you think i'd been fine if i spent christmas with your family?" the girl fiddled with her fingers. "it's just that my mom and dad won't be home for the holidays and i don't want to be in that big ol mansion by myself."
"of course ambs. you don't even have to ask. you know my mom loves you and you're welcome anytime." she smiles at her best friend.
amber returns her smile and they both turn back to the work they'd been doing. the truth is amber's parents are filthy rich but they're never around and when they are, they sit on their phones and ignore her. so amber spends all her time with elliot.
a phone call lights up elliot's phone and she shoots amber an apologetic look before answering.
"hello?"
"hey bumblebee," her mom's voice fills her ears. "i was just calling to see if you wanted to stay at the log cabin this christmas."
"you mean the one daddy used to take us too with the ski lodge and hot tub?" excitement evident in elliot's voice.
"that's the one." her mother laughs.
"yes yes yes."
"mattia and his family will be there."
"that's fine mom. there won't be any fighting and i'll avoid him at all costs."
"i know bumble. i love you."
"i love you too ma. i'll talk to you later."
elliot hangs up and flings herself onto the bed.
"ughhhhhhhhh." she groans.
"lemme guess. mattia's crusty ass is gonna be there?" amber teases.
"unfortunately. we haven't even talked about what happened. i've been screening his calls and texts."
"elliot you dumb fuck. text him back before you have to see him."
"whatever."

elliot alright talk

elliot
alright talk

mattia
i know that you guys are pissed at me for fucking up again and i want to make it up to you guys. i've made too many mistakes and i understand if you can't forgive me. the dms that were leaked were not at all related to this situation but i shouldn't have been talking that. that should've never happened and i apologize.

elliot
i know you feel and mattia but i can't let that slide. what you did was so disrespectful and wrong .

mattia
i understand completely. thanks for texting me back. i'll see you at the cabin for christmas

elliot
yeah. i'll see you
READ

published august 18th 2020
edited november 18th 2020