02. act one track two

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
.・゜゜・  ・゜゜・.
。・゚゚・  ・゚゚・。
a few uneventful weeks later...
.・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。.
。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆   。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

i give this chapter to the song

mariposa by peach tree rascals

...mariposa by peach tree rascals

before they knew it, the weeks had passed by and it was november 24th. alejandro had come and gone and the two teenagers were missing each other more than ever lately. not to mention that a snow storm was supposed to hit and elliot was heading home for thanksgiving. so her she sat. moping in front of her macbook, finishing up her last final of the year with thoughts of the holiday and alejandro on facetime distracting her from the last question. they hadn't had much time to talk to each other since he'd left new york due to classes and studying but luckily, the holiday season was right around the corner, meaning they'd spend thanksgiving & christmas together. after she finished her final, she'd be ready to make the drive back to jersey for thanksgiving.
"babe just relax. the storm isn't supposed to hit for another 3 hours. you'll be in my arms before you know it." alejandro reassures his visibly anxious girlfriend.
"i know but i'm still scared to be on the road." she whines, shutting her laptop and pushing away from her desk.
"i promise you'll be okay my love. now that you're finished, pack the rest of the your stuff and get onto the freeway."
"whatever dad." she smirks.
"elliot. i'm serious. i don't want you to be driving all late and shit."
"i am jesus christ. i just have to put my laptop away and get dressed."

❤️ 673        💬  0

❤️ 673        💬  0

elliebelly the 🧠 i'd give this man 🧎🏽‍♀️
comments are turned off for this post

after an hour and forty five minute, elliot was relived to see her childhood home in front of her eyes. she and her mother had worked on there relationship before she left for college and for the first time ever, she was glad to be home.
"ellie! i missed you so much!" her mother called the second she stepped out of her car, engulfing her into a tight hug and kissing her head.
"i missed you mama."
"come in, your brother isn't home yet but grab your luggage and we'll take it upstairs to unpack."
"okay mami."
once the two get upstairs and into elliot's room, the questions start.
"how's college? are you and alex still together ? when am i getting grandkids."
"mami!" elliot shrieks. "alex and i are not having kids anytime soon."
her mother chuckles at her daughter and shakes her head playfully.
"college is okay but i want to switch to online."
"you could come back home and stay with me!" noelia's voice fills with excitement.
the true that elliot's mom was lonely. both her kids were in college and she had no one to baby now. elliot was her baby girl and now she'd left the nest and moved out. alvaro was her oldest son so she was used to him being away at college but this was elliot's first year away from home. call it favoritism but noelia was sad that elliot wasn't at home with her anymore.
"really? i'd love to come back home if you're alright with that? just until i find an apartment."
"el. you can stay as long as you need. you're always welcome at home."
"thank you mama."

published august 18th 2020
edited november 17th 2020