22

the sleep was blissful and frankly, harry didn't ever want to leave the comfort of the arms of his love, he felt so safe and warm, he knew he would have to get up soon after all at the least Severus wasn't one to stay in bed all day.

the two did bask in each other's arms for a long time but soon the day began Severus off to see the headmaster to talk not just about Horcruxes but also the fact that he wished to end his position at the school, Albus tried to talk him out of it saying that it was fine if teachers dated their students as long as they weren't grading them and giving points and the like, but Severus would not hear of it.

"besides harry and I have decided we will buy our own house and I want to spend my time in domestic bliss with him"

the old man lit up like the sun.

"I'm so happy for you, I'm willing to let you go so long as you both come visit often, you are family both of you"

the dour man softened a little, this man had been like a grandfather to him when no other adult cared he may have been focused on everyone's benefit but Severus could admit he was only human and did try.

"that's a deal"

Dumbledore put a hand on his shoulder.

"I'm proud of you my boy"

Severus cleared his throat and quickly left.

the old man left standing alone looked out the window.

"it seems I haven't quite burned all my bridges, I'm so proud of them"

Fawkes started to sing to the lonely man.

Severus put a hand on Harry's shoulder when he got back and told harry everything.

"he has done some shady stuff, but I don't hate him Severus I would be happy to visit here  when we are moved out"

they shared a moment wrapping their arms around each other.

they knew this was the quiet before the storm.

the issue at this point wasn't finding the base of the death eaters but getting in, extensive wards protected the property, it took Bill and Gringotts finest working together to crack the safe of the wards, they could only promise that they could get the two in, what happened next was all up to them, the order was to distract the minions and harry and Severus were going to finish this once and for all.

harry had imagined a glorious final battle with them showing down one on one, real battle was horrific, the adults always glorified war and spoke of champions who won.

what they didn't speak of was the carnage and blood, missing limbs bombada to the face and other body parts, the order was held back by morals, their opponents were not.

harry and Severus ran through the chaos headed for where they thought the dark lord would be, Severus sometimes literally dragging harry out of the way of a spell or lunge harry also looking out for him with spells.

what they found when they stepped into the great hall was silence, you couldn't hear the battle at all, Voldemort sat upon his throne of bones Nagini draped over it.

"ah harry you finally came oh and Severus too, we are all united at last how quaint"

"This war ends today!"

the snake-faced monster laughed.

"yes with your death!"

the three men launched into battle spells flying harry struggling to keep up with the more experienced wizards.