20

a month of hiding and guilt was setting in, the two started having conversations about what must have been happening outside and they couldn't come up with anything good despite Severus's abhor for teaching children the man was also worried.

weeks of back and forth the two decided that they had run away enough, it was a luxury they could no longer afford, they ether had to end this quickly or risk losing everything, despite how they enjoyed this time they didn't want complete isolation.

"alright I say we track down this thing first and let the unicorns go back to normal then we sneak into the headmaster's office and talk to him"

Severus nodded dark eyes boring into his.

"if we get out of all of this alive I will take you on a proper date...harry"

harry hugged the man in excitement.

"I would love that!"

"so you better not die on me"

they gazed into each other's eyes for a very long time before they started to get ready, harry was the only one who could kill the Wendigo but Severus would be damned if he didn't shove some potions into harry and throw some protective spells at him first.

in truth the creature wasn't really hard to find, it radiated a presence of danger, that harry doubted he would have felt as a human, this thing would have fooled him and devoured him, and it needed to go.

this one was smart it had hidden the moment its brethren had started to die and hadn't gone near the two on their outing, choosing to hunt lesser prey then be stopped.

it took harry another good week to finally corner it, it was lanky with a deer head and misshapen human-like torso, deer body, and the claws it possessed, the thing was ghastly and reeked of rotting flesh, Harry supposed it wasn't bothering to hide anymore and was trying to intimidate him, he didn't know if it was working and had a feeling that if Severus wasn't waiting for him he would have run long ago.

as it was the pressure of duty was weighing on his shoulders.

the two ran for each-other harry horn glinting and the creature claws first lips drew back showing sharp yellow teeth his milky white eyes unseeing.

the whole affair was violent and harry was hurting something bad but he staggered his way back to his home triumphant but injured.

Severus was beside himself when harry limped in deep wounds but not deadly the potion spell combo had saved harry more than he will ever tell the man he loved lest he fret over something that cant be avoided.

the man spent the recovery period lecturing him about always getting into trouble.

but harry was just glad that the man was still here in his life, caring for him.

hell, the man was considering having a real relationship with him after all of this.