13

Severus downed too many shots of fire whisky and let out a sob and throw his glass into the fireplace causing a bit of a woosh and covering his face.

the man bit his lip until it bled as she sobbed.

his..his..his best friend was Harry and he didn't know how to deal with that, the pain of loss in both Harry's eyes and his own reflected in the glass he had thrown, the way he would no longer wake up with a soft muzzle when harry suck into his room and rested his big head on the bed.

harry was his student...but more importantly, he has sworn to so Manny oaths by both dumbledor and Voldemort, he was sworn to do all in his power to protect him and now he would be in a lot of danger.

the man vowed not to get attached to a human because it could interfere with his job to protect harry now the man himself was the cause of Severus's distraction.

the dark-haired man staggered to his room and passed out on the bed, why couldn't he be normal so that he could actually have a chance at a life with the teen.

he mused that it was too late now, despite his longing to go to the young man this second he knew he would have to keep his distance and...deal with the psychopath, he had to shake the man from Harry's tail though now every death eaters child would be telling their parents.

he paused and sat up, the man ran to get a sobering potion and ran to the apparition point, he had to get this into the villain first and solidify his position and figure out how to end the evil man before he could get within reach of harry.....though Severus feared that the snake would try to get Severus to hurt the teen using his connection to the unicorn as an exploit.

Severus knew if that happened he would rather be killed.

the dark lord was alone save for the serpent coiled around his throne.

"what?!"

the potions master flinched.

"my lord its i Severus, I'm sorry to disturb you but I have news on potter"

the red eyes narrowed but he waited for the man to continue.

"potter was hiding posed as...my unicorn"

the dark lord started to cackle.

seconds later Lucious Malfoy stumbled into the room with his haste.

"my lord potter....."

with a hiss, the Cruciatus curse collided with Malfoy.

"i already know you, idiot! good Severus you prove yourself how did you find out?"

Severus kept his mind blank as he spoke.

"luscious's own son actually, the boy was fighting with the weaselly spawn again and they hit potter, the old coot has hidden the boy away in the hospital wing but i will try to get in and retrieve him for you, my lord"

red eyes narrowed.

"no, Severus I still need you in there with the war, Potter will be caught eventually, besides dumbledore will keep a keen eye on the boy, luscious do get up, serves you right for trying to be such a suck-up, Severus have you spoken to the old coot?"

the man shook his head.

"I thought it best to tell you first my lord"

the man smiled evilly.

"good, now as a reward for disturbing me"

Severus felt pain and soon was on the floor in agony, however, he was happy the creature had not made him attack or lure harry.

soon everything went dark, he could hear the blond get the same treatment as himself, served the ass right.