"What Is Wrong With Cass?"

Start from the beginning

Dean sighed, shaking his head "Len, it's okay. You were upset, i don't blame you at all."

I nodded. 

Dean gave me a little smile "Elena, i'm serious"

I nodded "okay"

Dean "now get some sleep. "

I shook my head "nope. what if we've been going about this whole thing the wrong way, you know?"

Sam walked to us confused "what are you talking about?"

Me "we obviously can't track Dagon, right? But – but what if we can track the Nephilim?"

Dean cleared his throat "How?"

I gestured for them to sit down. 

Dean sat down, tiredly. Sam sat down next to him. 

Me "Okay, the baby's half-angel, right? So remember Gadreel?"

Dean "well, you remember Gadreel?"

Me "i read about it"

Sam nodded. 

Dean " The psycho angel who took Sam's body for a test drive? Yeah, what about him?"

I looked at Sam.

Sam nodded "aha"

Dean asked confused "what?"

Sam "well, there was this, uh, there was this spell – Cass and I were working on it – to – to find him."

Dean nodded " Yeah, but it didn't work."

Sam nodded " Yeah."

Dean " You needed Gadreel's grace, and he couldn't yank enough out of you."

Sam chuckled " Of course."

I asked confused ""Of course "what?"

Sam "Of course I am an idiot."

Dean nodded " Well, there's no argument there."

Sam "No, stop. Dean – the grace extraction. The tracking spell was a bust, right?
 But, but the extraction ritual worked."

Dean " So?"

Me "So what if Cass used it on Kelly's kid? I mean, a-a Nephilim's just a human soul with angelic grace, right? So you remove the grace –"

Dean " Kid's just a kid."

Sam "Kid's just a kid. That way, Kelly wouldn't have to die, and – and neither would her baby."

Dean "Hot damn."

Sam "Hot damn. I mean, we still obviously have to find Kelly in the first place. And, it's just a theory, but –"

Dean shook his head "No, no, no. No. That's – This is it. This is it, Sam."

Then he jumped up "I'll get Cass"

Then he walked out. 

---

Dean was packing some stuff while Sam was trying to call Cass. 

Cass had vanished with the Colt. 

Me "how did Cass even get the Colt out of the safe in the first place, Dean?"

Dean looked down. 

I raised an eyebrow "Dean, you – you put the Colt back in the safe, right? "

no answer. 

I rolled my eyes annoyed "are you kidding me?"

Dean " It was under my pillow. It – I like to keep it close. He came into my room and he played me."

I nodded "Yeah, he played all of us"

Dean " Well, I say we find him and we kick his feathered ass."

Sam walked to us " Dean, Cass wouldn't have taken the Colt if he wasn't going up against something big."

Dean nodded "Okay, I say we find him, figure out what's going on, and then we kick his feathered ass."

Me "does this mean you guys are gonna let me out of this bunker?"

Dean nodded "yes"

At a motel. morning.