𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿-𝟭𝟬 | Solitary

Start from the beginning

She looked at me again and I didn't even worry about being caught with a pocket knife, creeping around strangers. I smiled and she smiled back.

I lost my chance and never got one again. Because right after that day, she met Ápeiron. And the worst possible augury was fulfilled which would haunt me for the rest of the years.

I sighed and leaned against the window languidly. The book of chaos was lying at the corner of the room. I've got to delay the circle. At least wait till the effect of blood moon vanishes from the surface of the world.

Ápeiron is a complete idiot. I'm the one who was supposed to get the blessing, I was the one who was supposed to be the descendant of infinity. And yet here I am, standing in the cold room, pieces of glass shattered all over the floor, reminding me of my recent tantrum.

I've tried to communicate with Seth for a while now, since he'd suddenly showed up in the radar. God knows where he'd been for two years. It was like, his existence vanished from the world. He was hiding like the pûssy he is while I ventured across the country just to track him down.

Sucks to be me, fück my fate.

First I've to get rid of Zenith. Even though she's betrayed her whole family to be with me. She turned against her brother who still thinks that she's dead. But she can't be trusted. The person who can turn against her own family can turn against anyone, any group. I'm afraid that the no good Ápeiron might even manipulate her into doing something against me. Besides, I'm supposed to kill her brother too and I can't exactly accomplish that task while she's wailing and yelling infront of me.

I sighed and checked the time. The midnight hours could never manage to doze me off. Instead, it fills me up with newfound energy, or so to say. Its supposed to happen, there's nothing unnatural about it especially when the person is me.

I can't even remember the last time I closed my eyes peacefully. The luxury of sleep is something I could never experience. Not considering my early childhood years, of course.

A light knock on the door caught my attention as Zenith stepped in again, this time wearing a nightgown which almost showed off her whole body. What's the point of wearing something like that when you could've just went to sleep buck naked?

"Not now, Zen," I said as softly as I could, careful not to show my reluctance and annoyance.

She tiptoed towards me and pouted.

"I'm drained," I admitted.

"I can help with that," She whined.

I mentally slapped myself for not snapping at her in the first place.

"Listen, Zen. I er- appreciate your affections, I really do but I- "

Zenith didn't even let me finish before jumping onto me. My subconscious mind was prepared for that so I didn't fall flat on the floor.

She forcibly locked our lips while her fingers fiddled with the buttons of my shirt, trying to unbutton them.

I closed my eyes and tried my best to feel more humanly and not to unleash the látris because that would burn her alive. But this stupid girl won't understand it.

I made up a scenario of killing people with nothing but a needle to gather up my concentration somewhere else. Anywhere else but here.

She wrapped her legs around my waist and I finally shoved her aside. She landed buttfirst onto the cold floor and stayed there, blinking confusedly.

"Sorry- didn't mean to make it that harsh."

I stood up and offered my hand to her but she slapped it away, scowling at me.