Chapter 321 - 325

Start from the beginning

Wang Yang was a wolf, a poisonous snake even. He would not be the stupid farmer who died in its hands.

“Baoguo, we are one family. How could you say that? I have heard about the incident. Yang Yang was definitely not intentional…” Qiao Zijin interrupted.

“Another word from you and I may whack you! Who are you to reason with me?” Zhu Baoguo turned and stared at Qiao Zijin. “Let me warn you. I can’t stand the sight of you, but it’s just that I don’t have the chance to deal with you. If you dare to spout nonsense, I will give you a bashing such that your mom can’t even recognize you! ”

“I…” Qiao Zijin paled and cowered in fright.

Qiao Zijin shut her mouth. Zhu Baoguo looked at Wang Yang. “Wang Yang, what you did today goes to show that you are at your wit’s end. Wang Yang, bear in mind that your surname is Wang, while my surname is Zhu. The Zhu family and the Wang family are two different families. Everything in the Zhu family will not be yours.”

“Grandpa has been saying that you have improved a lot. At first, I didn’t really believe him, but now I have to believe his words. I really don’t know about the ‘Romance of the Three Kingdoms’, though.” Wang Yang sneered. In the past, Zhu Baoguo would fall easily for his traps.

The worst thing was that Zhu Baoguo had Qiao Nan by his side now.

Originally, Zhu Baoguo was just like a fool, easily manipulated. But now that there was Qiao Nan, he had grown smarter.

Therefore, if he wanted to deal with Zhu Baoguo, he would have to solve the problem of Qiao Nan first.

Wang Yang cast a sideways glance at Qiao Nan and vowed that he would make her pay for the humiliation that he suffered today.

The moment Wang Yang caught a glimpse of Qiao Nan with his peripheral vision, he found himself under Zhai Sheng’s piercing and dangerous gaze.

Zhai Sheng sat upright in the chair as if he was in the middle of a national conference. He did not seem to be in the small quad. It was as if he was at the Great Hall of the People. Even though before him was only a low coffee table with a few cups of water, it seemed as if it was a grand conference table at which important issues were discussed. Most importantly, the ordinary teacups on the table suddenly seemed as if they were priceless cultural relics that the soldiers in the army had risked their lives and spent a lot of effort in getting, taken from the hands of foreign tomb raiders, and would be a great contribution to the Chinese archeology.

Zhai Sheng had that dignified aura about him that no matter how shabby the environment was, they would seem to be classy and exquisite with him around.

Compared with the common furniture and cutlery that instantly seemed as if they were of high value, Wang Yang paled at a slight glance from Zhai Sheng. His eyes flickered and he hunched his back as if he were a rat that came out of its hiding place in the day but was so scared by the bright daylight that it scurried back into its hiding place!

Wang Yang paled in comparison to Zhai Sheng, and he could not help but want to hide away.

Zhai Sheng had some water. He did not say anything or look at Wang Yang again. However, Wang Yang was so ashamed that he lowered his head and wished that he could dig a hole and hide in it.

Chapter 322: I Was the Veteran

If he had known that Zhai Sheng would be here today, he would have never come.

“Wang Yang, are you interested in having a chat with me?” Zhai Sheng put down the cup of tea and looked at Wang Yang.

If Zhai Sheng was the embodiment of righteousness, Wang Yang would be the villain with a guilty conscience. Villains were most fearful of righteous soldiers like Zhai Sheng. At the very least, when Wang Yang was with Zhai Sheng, he could not help but feel guilty as if he had been up to no good.