Guess it's time for a tale.

Lia

I decide to get some fresh air as Blake talks to my family. I don't want to relive that again or even see Anna's face. I have a bad feeling I'd smash her face against the table if she said as much as one wrong word. And she'd definitely say something that would piss me off.

"Aren't you cold?" I hear a worried feminine voice behind me. Turning my head around, I see it's one of my cousins, Lilith, I think. Or is it Olivia?

"I'm fine." I mumble, staring at the snow-covered ground absentmindedly.

"You don't seem fine..." The girls sit beside me on the stairs and I can almost feel their stares on me.

"Um... Do you want to be alone? Are we bothering you?" Lilith asks quietly as she fiddles with her fingers, making me chuckle at her cuteness. Hold on, how old is she again? Twelve? No, Dylan is twelve. Lilith is fourteen if I remember correctly.

"You're not bothering me. – I smile at her reassuringly – I just don't want to listen to them all talking about me." I tell them with a groan, tugging at my hair in frustration.

"Is it that bad?" Olivia asks worriedly.

"You can say that." I reply curtly with a forced chuckle.

"You know, there's a park nearby... If you want, we could maybe go on a walk? It's not every day we have a chance to talk to some girl other than each other." Lilith smiles shyly, giving me a hopeful look. She's cute, I'll give her that.

"It might be a good idea." I throw her a grin, getting up from the stairs. Olivia and Lilith happily rush back inside the house for a moment before running out, already dressed up. They're quite cute, I've got to admit. I quickly text Blake that I'm going out then let the girls lead me to the park.

The three of us walk around aimlessly, just talking about everything and anything, simply getting to know each other better. It's funny how easy it is for those girls to make me open up. They're so cheerful and easygoing it's adorable.

"Can I ask you something?" Olivia asks after a while as we sit on one of the benches at the park.

"Sure." I shrug.

"How did you do it? You know, you're happily engaged at the age of eighteen, you have a big family that loves you no matter what, you're a good student from what I heard and you can even fight like a pro... It's got to be hard to do all that..." She wonders, sounding genuinely intrigued.

I hum in thought. "I don't know to be honest. – I admit – I had no influence on most of those things. My dad found me, gave me a home and took care of me, he showed me how to get stronger and taught me to not let my past dictate my life. When it comes to my relationship with Blake, I think the key to our success is being completely honest with each other about everything. I don't keep secrets from him and he doesn't hide anything from me. We go through everything together and that's what keeps us strong."

"Wow... I really wish I can find someone like Blake..." Lilith sighs dreamily, causing me to chuckle amusedly. Yeah, my Cakey's amazing.

"You will one day." I assure her.

"Oh god. Not him." I glance questioningly at Olivia when I hear her grumble.

"What is it?"

"You see those guys by the pond? – I glimpse at where she's pointing before nodding – The blond one is my ex, Scott. He's a real asshole. I think we should leave before they notice us." She whispers and I can't help but frown at the scared tone of her voice. Did that fucker hurt her?