Chapter 28

Blake

"Baby, wake up." I feel small soft hands caress my face gently as Lia whispers into my ear. I slowly open my eyes, only to be met with Lia's beautiful hazel orbs and a loving smile. "It's time to get up, you have practice in an hour." She leans down to peck my lips but before I can pull her in to deepen it, she goes away.

"Hurry up or you won't get breakfast." She teases, sitting down on the couch by the window. As I sit up on the bed, I notice a bunch of dishes on the coffee table. When did she manage to get food?

I head to the bathroom to shower, blowing a kiss to my girl on the way. I didn't check the time earlier, but I can tell it's really early. I just hope today goes well, I can't wait to spend some time with my kitten alone.

After I'm finished with my morning routine, I go back to the room, where my kitten's already waiting for me with our breakfast. I see it's pretty light, which is not normally the case with us.

Lia must've noticed my frown. "You have training later, so you can't eat too much or you'll get sick." She explains patiently.

I take a seat on the armchair in front of my girl, taking the plate from her. "Where did you get it? It's quite early..." I glance at the clock, which obnoxiously shows 5 am.

"I went out. I found a nice diner few streets away and decided to check it out." Lia shrugs casually, making me gape at her.

"Kitten, you didn't have to wake up so early. – I admonish – I'd rather you got more rest."

"It's fine. I'm not that tired." She grins reassuringly.

"I hope you're not. There's a lot planned for today." I smirk, already thinking about Lia's reaction when she sees my surprise. I had merely a few days to organize it, but thankfully everything's ready.

"Blake. – Lia starts sternly, glaring at me – You should concentrate on your game." I only smile at her cute scowl. My sweet little manager.

"I am, but that doesn't mean I'm going to neglect my kitten." I blow her a kiss and a wink, making her gaze soften.

"My sweet Cakey." She chuckles before going back to her food.

We eat our breakfast in peace then head downstairs to the hotel's lobby, where we're met by the coach and my half-awake teammates. They clearly didn't get woken up as nicely as I was.

"Good morning!" I chirp happily, making everyone groan as they glare at me.

"How the fuck are you so happy at this damn hour?" Simon hisses before yawning tiredly.

"Nice breakfast will do that to you." I grin, pulling my girl further into my side.

"You had a breakfast already? How? The restaurant is still closed..." Coach trails off confusedly.

Lia only chuckles quietly beside me. "My girl bought it for me." I tell him with a smug smile.

The guys just grunt something about me being a lucky fucker then we all trudge quietly to the gym, which was apparently rented specifically for us.

The coach decides to not torture us too much before the game, so after our 2-hour workout we have almost the whole day free. Some of the guys stay at the hotel to get some more sleep, while others decide to see the city. Since Lia and I already have plans because of our anniversary, we don't join them.

Once we're both showered and changed, we go out. I have a surprise for my girl and I hope she likes it. But that's going to happen tomorrow, since I still have a game tonight and the thing I have planned would collide with it.