Chapter 38

Lia

After yesterday's argument with Anna, I felt really bad. I honestly hoped she would understand me better, understand why I am the way I am. But no, she didn't care about my past. She just expected me to be the nice girl she wanted me to be. To fit the image her family has.

And I'm not like that.

I'm me.

I have issues. I've been through a lot. I have a dark past that made me who I am.

I sit in front of my computer, talking to Coach Jones about the team's training. Coach came back from LA yesterday, along with Vicky, but since I was so busy with my own issues, I didn't have a chance to talk to him.

It's been hectic here with the whole 'revealing my identity' thing and all, and the team was left in Dave's hands. He's doing a great job at getting the guys to train and workout, but there's another game coming soon and Blake needs to practice with the team too. He's been neglecting his practice for a week already.

"Kitten! – I hear Blake call out to me from the doorway as he peeks inside – I'm leaving with your dad and brothers to get our stuff to the house, so if you need anything, give me a call, yeah?"

"Sure." I smile, blowing him a kiss.

Blake only shakes his head with a grin then walks up to me and engulfs me in his arms from behind, having to bend considerably to do that. "That's it? Sure?" He teases, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck, pressing small kisses all over it.

"What else am I supposed to say?" I chuckle, trying to focus on the workout regime for the team.

"I don't know. Maybe 'I love you Cakey, you're so thoughtful, I'll give you a reward when you come back' or something like that." He shrugs, making me laugh.

"I love you Cakey, you're so thoughtful. I will definitely give you a reward when you come back." I turn my head to smirk at him smugly, enjoying the hungry look in his eyes.

"You better. I can't wait to ravish you in our new home." He hoarsely says, biting onto my ear playfully. "I'll see you later, baby." He whispers, kissing my lobe, before slowly releasing me from his arms.

"Love you!" I call out after him as he leaves the room.

"Love you too!"

After I'm finished setting team's workouts for the whole week, I check my assignments for classes both at uni and my architecture academy. I have already finished my long-term project, but there's still a lot to catch up on.

It takes me a while to go over everything, but what could I expect... I skipped classes for the whole week.

Once I'm done with my work, I take my phone to see if I got any updates from Ivy. She texted me last week, saying that she's going to stay with Lorenzo from now on because her dad tried to force her to leave her apartment...

At first, I wanted to ask her to stay with me and Blake, but with this whole Patrick situation, I quickly changed my mind. She'll be safer with Lorenzo. I know him well enough to trust him with my friend's safety.

But Ivy hasn't texted me at all ever since she moved in with Lorenzo. And it worries me.

When my stomach starts demanding food, I go downstairs to the kitchen, intending to reheat dad's lasagna from yesterday. I open the fridge with a big grin on my face which turns to a scowl when I don't see the plate my dad left me. "WHO ATE MY LASAGNA?!" I storm into the common room, glaring at the guys with pure fury.