Chapter 44

Lia

I lie still beneath Patrick's body, unable to move it due to my tied up hands and legs. I can't even turn properly and he's way too heavy for me to throw him off.

The only thing I managed to do was get his disgusting dick out of me.

Right after I killed him.

When I bit into his neck, I ripped his artery, causing him to bleed out right on top of me. He didn't even get a chance to react. I managed to bite off quite a big chunk of his neck and my jaw is still hurting because of it. Human teeth are not meant to penetrate skin and muscles.

Now the only problem is my own blood loss. I can feel my back bleeding onto the covers. I'm getting weaker and weaker with every passing minute.

The dark spots blocking my sight are a sure telltale that I'm going to pass out soon.

Right under Patrick's dead body.

In my old apartment.

In the same bed I used to sleep with my Cakey.

My Cakey.

My sweet loving man.

I'm so tired.

I just want to be back in my man's arms.

Closing my eyes, I try to envision it's not Patrick lying over me, but my Blake.

I hope I'll see him soon.

"I love you, Cakey." I whisper right before I pass out.

Blake

I'm on pins and needles here. I just can't keep still.

"Calm down. You're going to wear a hole in the carpet. And Lia will have your ass if you do." Aiden tries to joke, but I can tell he's as worried as I am.

Lia's been called in for interrogation few hours ago and I'm beyond agitated right now. How long does it take to question one person?!

"She should've been back by now. They're supposed to only interrogate her, so why is it taking so long?!" I roughly run my hand through my hair as I pace around the room.

Lia's brothers and Tyson are currently at our house, having decided to get some much needed bonding time with my kitten, like a family. Even though Lia left to Berkeley for that stupid interrogation, they still stayed here, getting to know each other better. I could tell Tyson approves of Lia's brothers, he likes how supportive they are about what she does and how they put her first.

Assholes got it easy. During my first meeting with Tyson, I almost shat my pants.

The guys don't answer my question, just stay quiet as they sit in our living room.

"I can't fucking take it." I plop down onto the couch beside Tyson and take out my phone, instantly going into the app that Finn made for Lia months ago.

He did it so I could know where my kitten is at all times, in case something happened. Lia has a tiny tracker in one of her piercings, which I can track from my phone. I have an exact same one, hidden in my brow piercing and it's connected to Lia's phone.

And now it's time to use this.

"I can't believe she let you put a tracker on her." Ashton chuckles, as I wait for the signal from Lia.

"Little mouse was the one that introduced him to that idea, actually." Tyson shrugs beside me, getting a confused 'huh' from Lia's brother.

"She gave me a jacket for my eighteenth birthday and it had a tracker sewn into it." I explain shortly before sighing in relief when I get the signal from my girl.