Chapter 2

Lia

After the dinner, the guys take out the beers and settle on the couches, turning up some movie, while I wash the dishes. Blake offered to help, but I don't need him to wash a few plates. He can spend some time with his friends.

"Need some help?" I turn my head around at the sound of David's voice. He rolls up his sleeves, leaning against the counter next to me.

"I think I'll be fine. – I smirk playfully – Why aren't you with the guys?" I curiously ask, glancing to the living room to see what the guys are doing.

"I wanted to talk to you." He sighs and I feel my brow arch unconsciously. "What you said made sense and I wanted to thank you for making me realize how wrong I was. You may be younger than me, but you're wiser than any 18-year-old I know." I stay silent for a moment, rendered speechless by the impressed tone of his voice.

"Thanks, I guess. – I shrug – But I was just expressing my opinion. I just think that if a girl has no respect for you or herself and isn't faithful when in a relationship then she's not exactly a wife material."

"You may be right..." he sighs.

"Of course she is, my kitten is almost never wrong." Blake states in amusement, walking to me and circling his arms around my waist.

"Stop it." I whine, slapping his arm.

"I mean it. But when you think about it, it's true." Blake shrugs and I shake my head at him. I get back to the dishes as he turns to David. "But when she said you're looking in the wrong places, she meant that if you're looking for a serious relationship, maybe you should look for different features in a girl."

"Like what? Nerdy and quiet?" David challenges.

"Why are you asking me? You should know best what you're looking for in a woman." Blake chuckles. "I'm not telling you to suddenly go after nerdy, quiet girls because they're better. That's not what I mean. – Blake squeezes me tighter in his arms – It worked for me, though. I found the love of my life in a girl that remained invisible to my eyes for almost a year, even though we had classes together and would see each other almost daily. It wasn't until I got to know her that I realized how amazing she is." He lovingly says, nuzzling his face into my hair. I feel slight heat on my cheeks as I blush at his words. He sure knows what to say to turn me into an emotional mess.

"Not every girl is like Lia." David deadpans.

"That's true. No one's like her. She's one of a kind. – Blake laughs, kissing my head – But if you don't try, you won't know. Even if it doesn't work out, at least you won't regret not trying. Who knows, maybe you'll get surprised, maybe you'll find what you're looking for."

"Wow, aren't you wise, Blake?" I hear James tease from the kitchen island.

"It comes with experience I guess. – Blake plays along. – Despite what people see, Lia and I have been through a lot. But no matter how hard it was, it's all worth it if I have my girl in my arms at the end of the day." I turn to mush in my fiance's embrace, turning my head to give him a kiss.

"You two are so fucking annoying." James groans, making everyone laugh.

I'm about to reply, but the sound of my phone's ringtone reaches me. Blake and I exchange a confused look when we hear it's the Ghost's phone.

"Excuse me for a moment." I get out of Blake's arms and walk to our bedroom, closing the door behind me.

'Speak.'

'Hello, Ghost.' Some man mocks from the other side, making me scowl.

'What do you want?' I demand, getting straight to the point.

'I want to fight you. But not in a club. Just you and me, no bets, no prizes, no fans, no rules.'

'Don't you think you should at least give me your name before making demands? – I taunt – I don't appreciate your attitude.'

'Razor, you can call me Razor. I've been watching you fight for a while, and I want to face you one on one. But without getting involved with the Ring. Will you accept my offer?' The man, Razor, is clearly not intimidated by my reputation.

'Don't forget who you're talking to, Razor. – I emphasize his name with distaste – You're challenging none other than Ghost for an unofficial fight. Are you sure you won't regret it?'

'I won't. So, do you accept?' I sigh in exasperation. He's persistent, that one.

'Next Saturday. Midnight. My location. I'll send you the details. I'm assuming this is your number?' I sternly state, making sure to sound dominant. No one will order me around.

'It is. Very well then. I'll see you next week.' With that he hangs up.

I scoff, tossing my phone on the dresser. Conceited fuck. Deciding to just let it go for now, I walk out of the bedroom, only to be faced with three shocked faces staring at me with wide eyes.

"G-Ghost?" I tense up at the mention of my alias coming from Simon's mouth.

"Is that your nickname or something?" James questions, frowning in confusion and that's when I realize they don't know who Ghost is.

"Sort of. But don't call me that in public. I don't want people to know." I avoid telling them the details. "It's quite important to keep it a secret." I seriously tell them before making my way to the couch in the living room, turning the movie back on.

"What's wrong? You seem irritated." Blake wraps his arm around my shoulders, pulling me into his side as he whispers into my ear.

"I'll tell you later. Now is not the time." I whisper back, snuggling closer to my man.

That Razor guy unnerves me. Why doesn't he want to fight me at the Ring? Why insist on fighting somewhere else, with no witnesses or rules? How did he get my number? Who is he?

My mind's working overtime trying to come up with a sensible explanation, but I get nothing. Nada.

And it worries me.