Bonus Chapter - Christmas Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

It takes quite a while for us to finish before we slowly and thoroughly wash each other. Once we're both clean, my Cakey dries me off with a towel, wrapping the other one around his hips.

It's not uncommon for us to take a nap after having sex, so we go to bed and snuggle comfortably under the covers, not even bothering to put on any clothes. We're alone now so we don't have to hide.

In my sleepy state, I end up lying on Blake's chest, with his arms around my almost healed back and our legs tangled together. Noticing that I'm awake, Blake presses a kiss to my head, drawing some unintelligible patters over my back with his fingers.

"Go back to sleep, kitten. We still have time before we have to leave." He says quietly, knowing that I haven't been getting much sleep lately due to my tests at the academy.

"Wake me up later, okay?"

"Sure thing." Blake chuckles.

The next time I wake up it's to the sound of quiet rumbling of the engine. Wait, what? With a loud yawn, I rub my eyes with my hands, only to see that I'm in a car.

"You were supposed to wake me up!" I whine tiredly, getting a quiet chuckle from Blake as he drives.

"You were sleeping so soundly I didn't have the heart to disturb you." My Cakey takes my hand and places a kiss on the back of it.

"How can I get mad at you when you're so sweet?" I sigh dreamily, grinning at my man.

"You can't. And that's the point, baby." He winks cheekily, making me laugh. Cute Cakey.

"Where are we?" I glance around, trying to figure out how long Blake has been driving while I was still asleep.

"We're about half an hour away from Wells."

"In Nevada?"

"Yup." Holy shit, that's almost eight hours away from Berkeley!

"How long was I asleep?!" I gasp.

"About ten hours. I knew you've been tired..." I stare at Blake wide-eyed, beyond shocked.

"Wow..." I breathe out then glance at my clothes, smirking when I realize that my sweet man dressed me up while I was asleep.

"Yes, kitten, I dressed you up. I couldn't just let you stay naked, could I?" Blake clearly realizes what I'm thinking, rubbing my thigh gently.

"Thank you, baby." I stroke his cheek lovingly, leaning over to press a small kiss to it.

Blake pulls up at a diner in Wells, just as we planned. Whenever we drive to Walford, we stop in Wells. We go to a small diner on the outskirts of the town then head to a nice little motel for a quick shut-eye and a shower, and then do some shopping before getting back on the road. We have a pretty efficient system for a drive as long as this one. One of us drives for few hours while the other sleeps, we stop at a motel to take a shower and change our clothes then we go for dinner or breakfast, depending on the time of the day, do some shopping and drive again.

It takes us a bit over a day to reach Walford, even though it's almost two thousand miles away from Berkeley. Since Blake drove for the first eight hours, I decided to make it up to him by driving for another ten while he slept soundly beside me. Then we stopped again in Sidney, where we went through the same routine, and then Blake drove the rest of the way to Walford while I slept.

As soon as we reach Sam and Jared's house, we're attacked by a puppy. It's an adorable little husky with the purest blue eyes I've ever seen.

"That's Cookie. – I hear Sam chuckle as she walks out of the house – We got him a week ago."

"Hey mom." "Hi mom." Blake and I greet simultaneously, making Sam laugh heartily.

"My babies are home! Jared!" She calls out for her husband as she pulls us in for hugs. "Come on, kids, you must be tired after the drive. Why didn't you just fly here?"

"We have a lot of luggage." I shrug casually, giggling at the puppy as he sniffs my legs. "You better not pee on me, little guy." I warn jokingly, getting a laugh from Sam.

"He won't. He's a good boy. Right, Cookie?"

"Where did this sudden idea of getting a dog come from? And why Cookie?" Blake questions curiously, chuckling quietly when the puppy immediately abandons my legs for his.

"It's been lonely here without you crazy kids, so we decided to get a dog. And since Lia calls you 'Cakey', we decided to name the pup 'Cookie'. You know, to keep the theme." We burst out laughing at the ridiculous explanation.

"And what theme is that?" I manage to ask through my giggles.

"Sweets." Jared smiles. "Now come on, kids, let's go inside. It's freezing." He quickly greets us with hugs then helps Blake get our baggage while Sam pulls me inside.

"Blake texted me an hour ago, so I already got the dinner ready. You must be hungry after such a long drive. Cookie, come here." Sam keeps the door open for the puppy and the guys.

Blake and I go to freshen up quickly before we head to the kitchen to eat. The dinner is spent talking about our studies, what happened over the last few months and even my mother.

"Tyson stopped by on his way to Chicago. That mother of yours, sorry, that woman, will get a real bashing when I see her, you can be sure of that. What mother acts like that when her child is hurt?! I wish I could just bitch-slap her." Mom rambles angrily. We're sitting in the living room now, just lounging lazily on the couches. Mom and I are sipping on wine, while the guys drink whiskey. It reminds me of Blake's last birthday.

"I can't believe so much happened to you two in such short time..." Jared sighs heavily, shaking his head.

"Yeah, it sure was hectic. – Blake admits – But we're all better now, right kitten?"

"Of course." I grin, giving him a peck. Little Cookie doesn't seem to appreciate being ignored, as he starts barking loudly as soon as my lips touch Blake's. "Cookie, stop being jealous of Cakey." I admonish lightly, barely stopping myself from laughing at the disbelieving look on Blake's face.

"You know, he really likes sleeping in your room." Mom teases with a smirk.

"He'll have to get used to sleeping elsewhere, cause I'm not sharing my bed with him." Blake grumbles, glaring at the puppy as it snuggles into my stomach.

"He's quite sociable..." I comment, scratching Cookie's head gently.

"Yeah. He loves being around people." Mom nods.

"And for some reason, he likes women better..." Dad adds, looking pointedly at the wriggling fur-ball in my lap. Cookie lies down on my legs and in just mere minutes falls asleep, almost making me coo at his cuteness. Such an adorable little thing.

"Hey dad, I meant to ask... - Blake asks suddenly - Whose is that Harley in the garage?"

Dad only smirks smugly. "It's mine, of course. I decided to start riding again after hanging out with those bikers of yours."

"Wait. Again?" I ask curiously.

"Yeah, Jared used to ride back in the day. He was a real looker in his leather jacket and boots, riding that beast of a bike. He still is." Mom winks at her husband, while Blake and I only stare at them, stunned into silence. Wow, I had no idea dad was a biker.

"Wow! What else were you hiding from me?" Blake implores with a chuckle.

"A lot." Dad shrugs offhandedly.

I feel mom's stare on me and I turn to her, giving her an imploring look. She seems to hesitate for a moment then asks a question that makes both me and Blake choke on our drinks.

"Are you pregnant?"