"I know, I know. Was it too much to ask for a little more effort? A little more conformation?" You sighed. Of course, you tried your best to understand her reasoning. Still, you thought it was selfish of her to lead you on this long. You couldn't tell if you or she are in the wrong. "I feel so betrayed. I just want to know why she kept it going if she knew."

"It's okay to feel that way. You're entitled to feel whatever you feel. If she knew what would happen, that's her fault. There is no need for you to carry that." Chan got up. "I know you're having a difficult time accepting her reasons. You're not a bad guy for being angry." He stretched his hand out to you. "How about we go out and eat? Food will be on me."

A night out with him is what you needed. He took you out to a small restaurant in the alley. Though there wasn't a conversation, the silence was comforting. Warm smiles from Chan as he glanced at you. Again, your thought intruded and took over. Swallowing you into the void again, stuck. "I think... I think I want to quit." You bored into the empty bowl, unsure if you even said it. "Nothing is improving, I know it."

You expected Chan to second guess you, instead met with the complete opposite. "I understand. I see it's taking a toll on you. If you think that's best for you, then I'll support you no matter what. I think you should stay until evaluation before you make your final decision."

That's him, Bang Chan, the man who knew what to say to make you feel validated. You hugged his arm. "Thank you."

Feb

Feb. 22nd 2016

The next night, as promised, you stopped punishing yourself. You took the small break that you needed a week ago and went back to your dorm. Falling onto your bed, you sigh. Still, the drowning feeling lingered, trying its best to push you under, until your phone vibrated.

Mina🐧:
Are you awake?
1:40 A.M

Mina🐧:
Can we call for a bit?
1:40 A.M

Y/N:
Okay!
1:41 A.M

The pitch black in the room draws away as her name appears on the screen. You slide your finger across hastily. "Hello?" You half-whispered.

Mina smiled to herself. She held onto the phone tightly with sweaty palms, and tensed shoulders loosened as she heard your voice. The breath she held onto for so long, finally exhaled. The week was just as long as yours. When she needed someone to escape to, her first thought was you. She couldn't explain why it just was. It made sense to her anyway.

You put her one speaker and laid on your side, staring at the phone. "Are you okay?"

"No." A dry chuckle follows. "But, I think I am now. I needed a small breather."

It went silent, but it was a comfortable silence. You both were used to it.

"I miss you." Mina sounded defeated, like you, she was becoming weak and weary. She clenched the phone again, mentally cursing at herself. 'Why did I say?' She's cautious with how she spoke. It came out naturally and on its own.