You're what?

*Alyssa's POV*

I laid in the bed, in the room that the Alpha had assigned to me.

The room itself was huge. The walls were painted a dark, yet crisp, blue that had an almost soothing effect. There was a walk-in closet the size of my old room. It had an attached bathroom. There was a small oak table, two old oak chairs, an oak chest of drawers, an oak armoire, and the oak four post bed, complete with canopy. It had a light pink bed set on it that reminded me of the bed that Sleeping Beauty was in when Prince Phillip kissed her. To say this room was luxurious would be an understatement.

In the chest of drawers, I found a journal. It was completely blank. So, I didn't think they would mind if I used it.

I laid back down in the bed, and wrote.

"Dear journal,

I lost my old journal. So, I will make you my new confidante. I will start where my old journal left off. My name is Alyssa. I was born into the Silver Moon pack. I was the pack's punching bag. Brian, the Alpha there, particularly took pleasure in making my life miserable. He would torture his wife, beating and raping her whenever he got the urge, and when he was done with her, he always came to me. Then, I would endure the same punishments. When his wife ran away, I bore the brunt of his malice. Not long after she left, Brian went to war with another pack, The Black Knights. He went to war over her, not because he loved her, or even wanted her, he just didn't want anyone taking his toys away. I used the war as my chance to escape. I left while he was gone, and I ran, and ran, and ran, as far and as fast as my paws would take me. I didn't stop running  until I was caught by the Crescents. I had been so focused on escaping Brian, that I didn't hear the three wolves trailing me. They had bit my legs, breaking my left rear paw, and taken me to their prison. It was there that their Alpha saw me. He knew what I was. As soon as he saw me, he knew. He killed the wolves that hurt me. He assured me no one would hurt me, but I wasn't allowed to leave my cell. He said I was too valuable. I was his secret weapon. He would come and visit me every so often, letting me roam the rooms adjacent to the cells, so I wouldn't get silver poisoning. It was never friendly visits though. He just didn't want me to be like the wolf in the cell by me. That was my life, week in and week out, until she got there. As soon as I saw her, I knew who she was, but I prayed she didn't recognize me, not that she ever really saw me. Her mate came and rescued us. He let me go. He let me claim sanctuary among his pack. I know he could feel me, feel what I was, but I don't think he knows. I pray he doesn't find out. I will not go back to the way it was before. I will not be anyone's door mat again. If I simply mind my p's and q's, he may not figure it out. I hope she doesn't either. Selene, help me!"

------------------------------------------

*James's POV*

I held my beautiful Lillian all night long, thankful to have her back.

I had just woken up and kissed her temple when I felt her stir beside me. "Good morning love." I said, placing another kiss on her temple.

"Good morning my love." She answered, peppering me with kisses of her own. "I should go check on the children."

She attempted to get up, but I pulled her back against me. Holding her hadn't been enough, my wolf and I needed her- needed to feel her warmth. "Sofia and Amira can tend to them." I kissed her neck and felt her tension release as she pushed further against me, caressing my chest.

When we finished, we held onto each other, high on the euphoria of it all. My wolf growled in satisfaction, and I shared the sentiment.

Lilly's stomach apparently did too, and I laughed at the sound. "Sorry." She apologized meekly, kissed my neck, rolled to the edge of the bed, and sat up. I watched in amazement, still in disbelief that such an angel could really be mine. She pulled on her panties and one of my shirts. She caught me staring, so she smiled and shook it at me. I reached over and grabbed a handful, unable to resist her beauty. She giggled and headed for the door.