The Meeting

*Lilly's POV*

It had been three days since James had told Sofia the news, She had taken it a lot better than I had expected her to. She had came over a few times, and nothing seemed to have changed. She was going to watch the kids for me while we went to meet my real parents. James hadn't really given me a choice, so I figured I would make the most of it. I was in the process of packing my bags. James was already packed, and was downstairs playing with the children.

I had just finished packing and was lugging my suitcase down the stairs when I heard Sofia knock on the door. I picked up my pace, eager to see her. I was hoping that maybe she could ease some of my fears. James opened the door, and she had just stepped inside when I bombarded her with hugs. “Oh Sof, I'm so glad to see you!”

“Its good to see you too.” She smiled, but it didn't quite reach her eyes. “Are you ready to meet your real parents?”

“Not really.” I sheepishly admitted.

“It'll be fine. Who knows? It may even be good for you. Just go and try to have fun. The children will be fine. I promise.”

I was about to protest when James jumped in. “We really should get going.”

I grimaced but nodded. “Ok. I'll see you soon. I love you Sissy.”

I gave her another hug. Then, I kissed and said goodbye to all the kids. James grabbed me by the waist, ushering me away gently. I followed along side of him, but I was more than anxious. He had already loaded the bags into his car, so I hopped in the passenger seat. James got in the drivers seat and grabbed my hand, giving me a reassuring smile. “It really will be ok Lilly, I promise.

“I know. I'm just not quite so eager to be reunited with my long lost parents.”

He gave my hand a little squeeze then started the car. He shifted into drive, and that was it. There was no more room for arguing. No trying to get out of it. We were officially on the way to go meet Amira.

~~~*Six hours later*~~~

We had just reached Red Dawn territory. We were respectively waiting at the boundaries for Alpha Gabriel to escort us. He was there in about fifteen minutes. I wasn't sure how much he knew of my situation, and I wasn't going to volunteer any information. We all exchanged greetings and bows.

“Well, if you want to follow me, I'll show you to my parents' cabin.” Gariel spoke, then got back on his motorcycle. We followed behind him in the car.

We winded through the forest. We ended up at a small log cabin located next to a beautiful stream. I took a deep breath and stepped out of the car. “So, this is where your parents live?” I asked Gabriel.

He laughed a loud, thunderous laugh. “No..” He laughed again. “This is just where you'll be staying. I thought you might like to unload before we go.”

“Oh..” I laughed nervously. “Thanks.”

He nodded and opened the door for us. We all walked in. The cabin was small, but the décor was grand. It looked like something out of a Martha Stewart magazine. I laughed at the thought and set my bags down on the couch. The tour of the house would have to wait though.

“Well, I'm ready when you are.” I told James. He snaked his arm around my waist and led me back out to the car. He opened the door for me, and I slid in. He walked around to his side and got in.

Gabriel got back on his motorcycle, and started leading us deeper into the woods. We drove for another fifteen minutes before we reached their home. It was beautiful. It was more of a mansion then a house, and it was made out of adobe bricks. It had stained glass windows and high arched ceilings.

Gabriel stopped and went to James's window. “This is it. I'd stay and show you in, but Alphha duties call. Will you be ok from here?”

“I'm sure we'll be fine.” James replied.