My Captors

*James's POV*

About two hours later, Amira came back into the room. She looked completely drained. Samuel and I helped her take a seat, and Sofia brought her a glass of water, Amira gave us all a weak smile and took a sip of the water, positioning herself comfortably on the couch. We all sat in silence, waiting for her to speak.

She took another sip of water and turned towards me. “I'm sorry James. I tried my best.”

“Its fine Amira. That's all anyone could possibly ask for. Thank you.” I smiled at her and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze.

“I told you it was a bad idea. You're exhausted and you didn't even get to speak to Selene. You shouldn't have bothered.” Samuel grumbled.

Amira sat up straight and turned to him, scowling. “Oh, shut up! I didn't say I didn't get a hold of Selene, and even if I hadn't, I still had to try. Its our daughter and grandchildren.”

Samuel gave a horrified look. I guess he wasn't used to Amira taking that tone of voice, especially with him. “So, you did speak to Selene?” I asked, feeling slightly confused.

She gave me a beautiful smile that made my heart ache. Lilly gave me the exact same smile quite often. “Yes dear. I did speak to the Moon Goddess. It took all my power and my wolf's stubborness and determination, but we finally got through. But, Selene couldn't find her either. She said that she couldn't get a good lock on Sadie.” My face visibly paled, and Amira must've noticed because she gave my hand the same squeeze that I had just given hers. “Don't panic dear. She said it was because Lilly and Sadie were exposed to too much silver, and it was weakening them. So, they may not be at 110%, but at least they're still alive. We'll find them. I'm sure of it.” She smiled again.

A small smile of my own formed. “You just may be right.” My smile got a little bigger. “Or, knowing Lilly, she'll make her way back to me, just like she did last time.”

*Lilly's POV*

I tried to get in touch with Selene, but the intense silver contact had made it impossible to do so. I guess since I couldn't get in touch with Sadie, I couldn't contact Selene etiher. So, I had to figure out another plan.

I sat my children down back in the pack and play and brought it as close to my cot as I possibly could. They were still healing from the burms of the silver, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it was before.

After I was sure they were all still asleep, and as safe as they possibly could be given the situation I sat back down on my bed. I let the emotions that I had bottled up out. I cried, and I screamed at myself on the inside. How could I have been so stupid? Now, because of me, everyone that I love is in danger once again. I seem to be a magnet for trouble.

I didn't get to wallow in my self pity for too long before I heard that loud creaking of the door opening. The same rogue walked back in, only this time, he was accompanied by two others. Their scents told me it was aman and a woman, but they stayed too far back in the shadows for me to determine anything else.

As the rogue stepped forward toward the cell, I stepped in front of the pack and play, blocking his veiw of the children. e stopped at my cell door and smiled. “I'm sorry Lillian. We seemed to have got off on the wrong foot. Please, allow me to introduce myself.” His gravelly voice boomed through the room.

“I don't care who you are. You'll never get my pups.” I snapped.

“Tsk, tsk. Don't be rude.” He paused. “As I was saying, I feel a proper introduction is in order. My name is Warren Oakenshield. I believe you may have heard of me.”

I puzzled the thought. Warren? That name did sound familiar to me, but why?