Trying To Remember

*James's POV*

I heard Sofia's screams, so I ran to see what was wrong. I walked in the room to see my mate was gone without a trace. Sofia told me what she saw.

"Find me." The words kept replaying in my head over and over. I didn't know what exactly they meant. I pressured Sofia to the point of tears to tell me anything else she said, but she insisted that was all.

Damn it, I will find her! I just got her, and I'll be damned if I let her go. I don't care how long it takes, I will get her back.

I called a huge pack meeting. Every single member was there, even the pups. No one really knew what to do or what happened, but we were setting up search and rescue teams to scan everywhere we could. I also called every Alpha I knew and alerted them. They all said if they found her, they would bring her back. In either form, she was easy to distinguish, so I was hopeful.

__________________________________________

*Sadie's POV*

I woke up in a beautiful meadow overflowing with flowers and a small stream. Where was I? I had no clue, but I couldn't sense any immediate danger nearby, only an overwhelming thirst. So, I strode over to the stream and lapped up the water.

After I was completely quenched, I decided to go on a hunt. I could smell deer nearby. I was on the prowl. I stooped low and inched closer to the scent. Standing in front of me was a large buck, and he looked absolutely mouth watering. I lunged forward, leaping onto his back, and clamped my jaws around his throat. He tried to struggle, but he was no match. I had him down in a few minutes. I ripped his throat out and feasted to my hearts content.

"We need to find shelter." A voice whispered in my mind.

My ears perked up. "Who's there?"

"Lillian. Your human. We're a werewolf."

"So, you're my human? Does that mean I can shift into you?"

"Not exactly. If you shift to human form, I'll take control. You stay in control in your wolf form."

"Ok. So, do I need to let you out?"

"No. We're safer this way, but we need to find shelter. Its almost nighttime."

"I'm a wolf. I thrive at night." I said, feeling slightly insulted.

"I know Sadie, but if we're in another Alpha's territory, they could kill us."

"Fine. I'll find a den."

I went in search of an appropriate place to rest temporarily. I walked for twenty miles before I found a cave that was perfect for the occasion. It was hidden behind a waterfall, so it would help to mask my scent from any other predators.

I curled into a ball in the back corner. As soon as I was settled in and comfortable, sleep came quickly.

~~~*Sadie's dream*~~~

I was a beautiful human woman. I had long red hair and emerald eyes, along with a sensuous curvy body. I was completing the mating bond with the most gorgeous man. We made sweet passionate love.

Time fastforwarded, and I was back to my wolf form. I was lying in the floor nursing pups. Two people dropped in through the ceiling. I jumped in the fight, protecting a wolf similar to my own. I stopped when I saw.another wolf picking up one of my pups.

~~~*End of dream*~~~

I woke up and let out a whimper. I knew it was a dream, but it had seemed so real. It made my heart ache.