Miraculous

*James's POV*

I was in the middle of fighting off three wolves when this strange tingling feeling came over me. I was frozen in spot, and with the way the other wolves were acting, it was safe to say they were paralyzed as well. The tingling was intensifying when the others just fell over. They were dead.

When I was able to move, I ran into the field where the largest part of the fighting was taking place. When I got there, all the Silver Moon wolves were dead as well. My pack were all just as stunned as I was.

"Its Lillian." The doctor said.

That was all it took. "Everyone with me, now!"

We ran to the clearing, and when we got there, We saw Lilly climbing out of the tunnel. She stood up and was looking around. After a good look, I noticed she was visibly glowing. It looked like the moonlight was pouring out of her. There was no doubt in my mind what happened then. She had called upon the Moon Goddess for help and gotten exactly what she asked for.

I bowed to her, and my wolves did the same. When she noticed this, she fainted. She fell over backwards, completely unconscious. The pack doctor and I, along with Silas's and Sofia's help, transferred her into his office.

_______________

We were all sitting in her room now, waiting for her to wake up. I had sent Soren out to do a body count on our wolves, and I was still waiting for his report as well. Which reminds me, I still haven't told Silas about Tessa, and to be completely honest, I wasn't quite sure how to break the news to him either.

Soren walked in a few minutes later. "Pardon my intrusion Alpha. I just finished the body count. All together we only lost eight wolves." He turned and looked at Silas. "I'm so sorry."

"What are you talking about? Why are you apologizing to me?" Silas inquired.

"Your sister Tessa, she's one of the eight." Soren answered, his voice full of remorse.

Silas swung a devastating right hook that caught Soren directly in the jaw. "That's not possible you lying son of a bitch! My sister is locked up in the house with strict orders not to come out til I come for her. She'd never disobey me!"

Silos went to hit Soren again when I pulled him away. "Its true Si."

"No its not! It can't be!"

"I'm telling you it is Silas. I saw it happen with my own eyes."

"Then why didn't you save her?!" He snapped.

"I tried to Si. I just didn't get to her in time. I'm sorry."

He slammed his fist into the wall, then fell to his knees crying hysterically. "What happened James? What happened to my Tessa?"

"Jace killed her. I don't know what she was doing out, but she was by the stream. I'd say from the looks of them both, they'd been fighting for a while. I charged him as soon as I realized he had a wolf, but by that point, it was too late. He had already ripped out her jugular. I tried Si. I really did."

"I know you did. I just can't believe it James. She was supposed to stay in the house. I told her to stay! She was only fifteen. She was still a pup!"

"I know Si. I'm so sorry." It was all I could say.

Sofia stood and went to his side. She pulled him up, hugged him, whispered something in his ear, and excused them both.

I knew Lilly would want to see them when she woke up, but she'd understand.

She's been out for almost a day now. I had been supplement feeding the pups with formula milk, but they needed their mom. Hopefully she'd come to soon. I wasn't sure how much longer I could sustain them all.