2: Library

After ordering two Starbucks drinks for me and Zoe who were in the same class, I left the cafe as quickly as one can. I was already late for class, so I needed to get my ass moving. Next time you are late for anything, I suggest you don't stop at Starbucks on your way there. In doing so, you will end up even later than you originally were. Just like I did.

When I arrived in class ten minutes after the last bell rang, I tried to casually find my seat without receiving too much commotion from my classmates, because I don't like sticking out in a crowd very much, if you couldn't tell.This wouldn't be a story worth telling if I did succeed in getting to my chair unnoticed, so naturally, I didn't. My seat beside Zoe was at the very front of the classroom, which I have never found particularly inconvenient, until now. Many people turned around to see who had just interrupted the class. I heard one whisper, "The fags here," to his friend who responded with a snort. I kept my head down as I walked to my teacher's desk to give him the slip of paper I had got from the school's administrative office. It was one that explained my lateness.

He glanced up at me with a concerned expression, obviously because Troye Sivan was never late. I might be absent, but most definitely never late. I just gave him a shy smile, with which he responded to with an understanding one. He took my slip and handed me a worksheet full of English class stuff.

This guy, Mr. Butler, was my favorite teacher. I know he is like the only teacher I have-aside from my parents and my gym teacher, whom I naturally hate because of what she teaches-but still. The fact that I, Troye Sivan would even give a teacher enough attention to favorite one over the other, is a huge deal in itself.

Mr. Butler was great. He was funny, talkative, and loves his job. I hate it when people have a job which they clearly hate, just to pay the bills. Mr. Butler wasn't like that a bit. One day, as he was ranting about the purposes of proper grammar in today's society or something like that, he hopped up unto this kid's desk. He stood up, taking a couple of extra seconds to do so from his rant, and continued his lesson. I swear, if there were a single person sleeping then, they would've jumped awake so fast, they would've had a heart attack. But, fortunately, no one sleeps in Mr. Butler's class. He is much too exciting for sleep to occur. He continued the lesson hopping from desk to desk, right up until the class was over.

Also, Mr. Butler cares about his students, but not too much. Like the day that the 'popular kids' found out I was gay. I still don't know how that happened, as I am never at school for any longer than a couple of hours a day (at the most). But still, it happened.

It was the beginning of this school year, only about two weeks in or so. I just finished English class, which on that day, was the last block before lunch. Troye Sivan likes to try new things so, just once, I decided to go into the cafeteria and socialize. Let's just say, lesson learned: leave the social life for the social people. Before I even made it into the cafeteria, two people sneaked up behind me, and grabbed my arms. Then they pushed me against a locker, shouting at me. One of the guys (who I later learned was named Caspar Lee), grabbed me by the collar and leaned his face really close to mine. He looked me in the eye with great intensity and calm and eerily asked me, "So are you one of them now? What did they do, huh? Did they promise cookies or something?" I trembled in his grip. I was not trusting my voice to sound confident at that moment, so I decided not to answer his taunting. So he tried again, "What's wrong, twink? Do got a dick down your throat or something?" This got a big, fake laugh from his partner in crime, Joseph Sugg, Zoe's little dick of a brother. "Let me ask one more time. Are you a FAG?!" He asked, spitting out the last would as loud as he could manage to. By that time, people had started to gather. And by people, I meant students and teachers. The only people who tried to stop anything were Zoe and Tyler, and Mr. Butler. But three against hundreds aren't very good odds. It was moments like that where I wish I could've had more friends, or even a lover. That would've defiantly helped.