6: Relationships

"Troye, honey," Zoe started, "Tyler and I have done some calculations and we believe it is safe to say that you, my friend, have a crush on Connor Franta."

I looked over at them. They were wearing proud, smug expressions that made me want to slap them so badly. "Look, guys, you don't even know who Connor is! I don't have a fucking crush on him! Like he is was too... straight, for me?" I said the last one like a question. I know, real believable of me.

"If you didn't like him, then you wouldn't have had to deny liking him in the first place," Zoe said. I facepalmed and looked up at her. Her blue eyes just looked at me with the most annoyingly-knowing expression ever.

"You don't get it," I began, "He is so rude and obnoxious, and is way too creepy and stalkerish." I looked over a Tyler with a begging expression. I couldn't really give two shits about what Zoe said, because either way she is always just going to be a thirsty teenage girl, who ships everyone with anyone, but I wanted Tyler to understand.

He just looked at me with the same expression as Zoe had and said, "No, Troye. He isn't being a stalker. You just happen to be running into him a lot. And there isn't anything creepy about wanting you as a friend."

"But he knew my name without me telling him! And most people don't want me as a friend, Tyler. So why would he?" I was panicking now. There was no way on earth I was willing to accept the fact that I might possibly have a crush on the most dangerous person ever.

Zoe and him sighed. "Give yourself some more credit! You're cute, loyal, and a hella good time. Who wouldn't want you as a friend?" Zoe countered. She and Tyler looked at me like that was what exactly what they believed. Even though we were fighting, the fact that they meant what she said boosted my confidence a lot.

"Look, I don't want to fight. I'll let you think whatever you want to think, but for now I am just going to go home. I really just need some time by myself to gather my thoughts." I picked up my stuff and went over to the other side of the couch to hug my best friends. Just because we were bickering doesn't mean I still can't show them how much I love them. After embracing, I looked at them tiredly and said, "Plus he has a girlfriend."

They laughed at my weakley argued statement and I smirked at them. "See you at school tomorrow," Tyler said.

I walked to the front door, passing Joe on the way. I saw that he was about to say something but without even giving him a second glance, I gave him the middle finger. Because the middle finger solves everything right?

I arrived at my house around 10:30, and walked into the living room to find my mom. She lifted her head from the magazine she was reading on the couch, and I was greeted by her smiling at me. I think my mom knows that I am really insecure and that sometimes need a little bit of moral support. Those small things such as a tiny smile can literally just flip my day upside down and I am so glad she knows that.

I sat down beside Mama Mellet and wrapped my arms around her. Just because I was a seventeen year old teenager, didn't mean I was about to sacrifice my evening cuddles with my mom. We read through her celebrity gossip magazine for a couple of minutes, not giving a care in the world but each other. This was how my life was supposed to be. It was supposed to be calm, peaceful, and organized. It was supposed to be a life where I didn't doubt whether someone loved me or not. And it was like that before Connor Franta strolled in on his high horse.

"Mom, this is the kind of magazine Tyler would read," I groaned after she flipped to a page dedicated to Lady Gaga and her child. It was titled, "LADY GAGA HAS A LITTLE GAGA?!" Like who the fuck actually believes this shit?

She closed the magazine and placed it on the coffee table. "Speaking of Tyler," She turned to face me, "How were him and Zoe today?"

"They are fine," I responded, nonchalantly. I sighed and gave her a shrug to show how little I cared. No matter how close I was with my mom, I wasn't really ready to talk to her about my friendship problems. That would only lead to Connor Franta, and I sure as hell wasn't ready to go there with her. "None of that really matters right now, okay?"