Chapter Thirty

Katsuki's POV:

I hear noise and open my eyes. "Kid. Hey can you hear me?" I wince at the brightness of the room and hum in response to the person's question.

"Can you hear me?" They ask again. I look around me and see three people moving my arms and legs around which hurt, so I groan out in pain. They're paramedics. Yeah. "Okay, how did this happen?" They're moving me into a stretcher.

I was thirsty so I go downstairs to get myself some more ice for my water. It's dark, so I turn on the light for the stairs and then the light in the kitchen. I put my cup on the counter and take out the ice cube tray. Suddenly, the tray gets knocked out of my hands and I get startled. It was absolutely quiet and I didn't expect anyone to be awake. I didn't know he was here.

I turn around and see my dad fuming. He shoves me unexpectedly and I stumble backwards but I don't fall just yet. He does it a few more times and I don't do anything except stumble backwards. Finally, at the stairs, he shoves me so hard, I lose my footing and I fall to the floor, my head hitting the ground so hard that it takes me a while to get my vision back to normal. By then, he's hovering over me.

"You're so pathetic. I barely even pushed you. I hate you so much. I shouldn't even be wasting my breath talking to you, so I'll show you how worthless you really are," he says. He doesn't yell at all, I'm not worth it. He starts throwing kicks and punches at my body. I'm still not exactly recovered from the fall, so everything is making me feel way more dizzy. I can't get my mind straight. I feel all the pain, but I can't do anything about it.

Then he starts choking me and I freak out. I activate my quirk and see my dad smiling as he chokes me. He tightens his grip and it hurts so much. I didn't have a chance to breathe in either. When I lift up my hand to attack him, he punches me straight on the nose. I gasp in pain and suddenly there's blood everywhere. My nose is bleeding like crazy and it feels like it's throbbing with pain. I sit up quickly and let the blood fall on my clothes.

I try cupping the blood but there's no use. "Hey look at me." For some dumb reason I listen and look up only to be met with a punch right on my eye. I whimper in pain and my dad starts laughing. Tears fill my eyes and I cover my right eye. The pain is unbearable and the only thing I can hear are my soft whines of pain.

"You know, I can tell you're faking your depression. Even though it's fake, I want you to know how worthless you are. I can't believe you're living under the same roof and us. It's really disgusting and I can't believe it took us this long to realize that we hate you. You suck at being a son. We are so tired of you," he says and then starts stomping on my legs. My mouth falls open on a silent scream and he keeps going at it.

When I finally, breathe in, it's in broken gasps and sobs. It hurts so much.

I fall back onto the floor, writhing around in pain. Then my dad comes up and makes me face up. "It's only a matter of time before your so called friends give up on you. They're probably already tired of you at this point. Hell, that teacher of yours is so close to giving up on you it's almost funny. Actually, it's hilarious." I feel my heart fall when the words come out of his mouth.

Then he spits on my face and stands up, digging in his pockets. "You should just die," he says and stabs a pen into my left arm. I cry out and he laughs, leaving the house. He's right.

He's right.

"He's right. He's right," I cry out. I don't deserve the help. I deserve this pain because everyone will leave me. Because I'm not worth it.

"LET ME DIE!" I yell, struggling against the other paramedics. I try kicking and punching but it hurts so much and they easily overpower me. Then I hear sobs that aren't mine, so I look around the room.