Chapter Eight

Todoroki's POV:

I woke up with a huge headache today and I seriously have no idea why. Last night was normal. I ate with Bakugo, watched a movie, I barely even ate any cotton candy, then we played some Minecraft before going to sleep like at 11. It wasn't even that late. I was also able to fall asleep much faster than the other days. I guess I was just tired from all the walking around. Knowing Bakugo was with me also helped me a lot. I don't know why, but I'm starting to feel differently about Bakugo. I don't know what it is, but it's there.

We're currently headed to school. Bakugo told me that Kaminari thought we were dating and skipping class together. Bakugo told him that it wasn't the case. He told me that he texted Kaminari to 'fuck off because that's not it.' He also called Kaminari a dumbass before telling him that it was a punishment from Aizawa. He told Kaminari not to tell anyone else but that if he wanted to get proof that it was a punishment, then that he should ask Mr. Aizawa.

"Hey um I don't feel so great today. I think I might ditch lunch and go somewhere else," I say nervously. I do feel kind of shaky even though I didn't even have a nightmare or anything like that. I think I'm going to have a panic attack or something. I decide to tell Bakugo because he's helped me before. "Hey um, Bakugo?" My voice sounds so nervous and scared. He turns to me worriedly. "Hey what's wrong?" He tries not to seem super concerned because then the people around us would make a big deal out of it.

I shake my head as a response to his question. I don't even know what to say. I'm just so anxious and I feel so overwhelmed. "I-I um. I d-don't know," I say, officially starting to feel the attack. Bakugo looks around and sees an opening of trees. He carefully walks me towards them and we hide behind a bunch of them. I lean on a tree, and he puts his hand on my shoulder. "Deep breaths okay? Remember, feet flat," he says, taking off his shoes. He helps me take mine off and he grabs on to my shoulders, bending forward to breathe with me. "Okay now deep breaths. One, two, three breathe in for one, two, three. Then breathe out for one, two three," he says as he does the breathing with me slowly.

"Okay now that you're doing a bit better there, recite something. Like famous quotes, songs by artists, or how to make soba. You'll have to teach me how to make it okay?" I nod and start saying names of brands. I say as many as I can before running out of brands. I start freaking out, not knowing what to do now. I start grabbing at my chest, trying to breathe. "I-I can't breathe. I'm scared," I say, so close to tears. I feel my knees give out and I wait for my body to hit the floor but Bakugo catches me. "Woah," he says and lifts me back up. He pulls me in for a big, warm hug.

I'm surprised by this and pull back. I make eye contact with Bakugo and I just fall apart. I sob and let the tears spill. I pull him back towards me and just cry into his shoulder. "I-I'm sorry," I sob out. Bakugo just rubs my back and shakes his head. "It's okay, you're okay. I'm here for you," he says. All of these emotions just hit me at once and I didn't know how to handle them. I just feel so overwhelmed. Now we're going to be late, together. People are going to start catching on and Bakugo won't like that. We were already both absent yesterday. On Monday, we walked in late together and we're going to be late today too. I'm screwing this up. I pull at my hair and I feel Bakugo put his hands on mine, making me loosen my grip.

"Sorry, I forgot this wasn't my body," I say, choked up. "That's not why I'm stopping you. I don't want you to feel the pain of pulling your hair. I don't want you to go through any pain," he says. I nod and bury my face into his neck again. He wraps his arms around me and I feel so small. I hug him back and just keep crying until I feel like I can't anymore. It's just tears at this point and we stay like this. "Hey, are you okay now?" I pull away and look at him. I take a deep breath and nod. Then I give a thumbs up and he does the same, giving me a smile. It's honestly so weird looking at my own face moving and doing stuff that I'm not making it do.