Chapter Fifty

Katsuki's POV:

"So what happened after the dinner?" Kaminari asks on the way to school. I told Shoto to go on ahead with his friends. "I checked out after thinking about Aizawa and how he'd be disappointed if I missed curfew. I tried calming down first, you know, to keep me from spiraling. It didn't work though because one moment I was running to make it in time while trying to tell myself to chill out, and the next thing I know, we're all in front of the dorms, panting and trying to catch our breaths," I explain.

"Did you tell Aizawa?"

"Yeah, Halfie thought I should call him and it helped a lot. I thought I was going to stay at that low point, but I feel good. It better stay like that. At least for the rest of today. We have Midterms in two weeks right?" I ask, just to make sure. "Yup. Are we studying together next week?" He asks.

"Yeah. Since we've been studying frequently, next week should be an easy task. We'll focus on the stuff we have trouble with at the beginning of the week, and then we can move on to making sure we understand the rest clearly."

"That's perfect. We're studying with the whole class next week, aren't we?"

"Yeah, it'll be better for everyone. If someone doesn't understand something, at least one other person could explain," I reason. "It'll be fine. We're going to do great," he smiles. We actually have been doing pretty good. We study all the time, so we're okay. I'm actually not that worried. The anxiety might hit me at the last second, but I know I'll do good on the midterm. Even with the school that I missed, I was somewhat at the top of the class. When I got back, I was around the same as I was before, but once I come back, I'll be back on top. I got this.

"What we have to worry about is the physical part of the exam," I voice.

He deflates from his happy mood. "Damn, I guess we also gotta fit in some time for training," he says, standing back up straight as he talks himself up. "Oh," he adds right after, turning to me while pointing a finger at me, "no over training or overworking yourself. I know you."

He really does. "Yeah, yeah."

"I'm serious, if you're too sore to actually do anything on the day of the physical exam, what good would all that overworking do?"

Damn, he really has a point. "Okay, okay, I get it." "You better get it because I don't want to see you hurt."

"Oh, how was the dinner? Did you like it? What about my mom? Oh, and my dad, what did you think?" He asks nervously. "Chill out. It was great. Your mom was cool and funny and your dad was laid back and nice," I tell him.

They were actually cool people. I expected closed up people that managed what everyone did and said. I thought that they'd always be on the verge of breaking, but they were actually really cool. They were easy going and talked smoothly. The only weird thing was that his dad left early and we couldn't bring up his brother. I mean, why would we want to? But it just made us all more nervous and worried about bringing him up.

"I know that what she said at the beginning kind of threw us off, but hopefully it wasn't awkward after," he says, rubbing his neck. "No, it was a bit weird, but the mood didn't really change. Even if it did, your parents really made it feel like nothing happened. The only thing that kept me nervous was fucking Shitty Hair at the beginning, and I was so nervous about anyone bringing up your brother," I sigh. He had laughed at the Shitty Hair part, but he looked a bit tense at the brother thing.

"They kind of, like, um, I guess shut down. You know, when they hear about my brother," he says, voice full of anxiety. "But are you okay?" I ask. He shrugs. "It's whatever, let's not be late to class," he says, picking up the pace. "Kaminari."