Chapter Nineteen

Bakugo's POV:

We stayed there, making out for a while. "I'm getting kind of tired, so do we head back?" Todoroki nods and I get up, helping him with the stuff. I'm taking the bowls and he's taking the basket of blankets. I have one wrapped around me as we walk and Todoroki's arm is wrapped around me too. I sigh happily. I had a great time and I can have ice cream when I want. Well, until it finishes.

"Hey, are you okay?" I look over at Todoroki and nod. "Yeah, I just had a really great time. Thank you," I tell him and give him a peck on his cheek. He smiles and I say, "You're amazing. And cute." He laughs. "Well, only for you." I can't help but smile and he kisses me. He pulls away and I tiptoe to make it last longer, chasing his lips. "We just finished making out and you want to do more of it?" I shrug. "It's not my fault you're so sweet and attractive," I say. "I don't look like you, so I can't be that attractive." I roll my eyes. "Oh whatever."

He tightens his arm around me and gives my shoulder a squeeze which makes me feel light. "You make me feel safe," I say. He turns to me and the look he has in his eye practically makes me melt. "I'm glad. Also, since I'll always be with you, you'll always feel safe. Well, hopefully." He's so cheesy. "Why are you so damn cheesy?" I turn away, hiding the small blush on my face. He turns my head back to him and he has this smirk on his face. "Judging by the blush on your face, you don't really seem to hate the my cheesiness. I don't know why I'm so cheesy, I guess you make me this way. Oh, see? More cheesiness," he says letting go of my face.

I groan and sigh heavily. "Whatever. All I'll say is that you're not wrong." I look in front of us again, forcing myself to stop staring at his perfect-looking face. I sigh, happily, again. I didn't think about anything bad the whole time. I didn't want to throw up or hurt myself. I just had a good time with Todoroki. That hasn't happened in years. A few hours that go by without any negative thoughts. I know it's whatever to some people, but I've lived every day thinking negatively about myself for years. I couldn't go three whole hours without thinking about self harming or thinking terribly about myself. Even if it was just a brief thought, it was there and it usually turned into something more. Most of the time, I'd actually do something about the negative thoughts and hurt myself.

Although I'm not getting a whole lot better, I am getting better. And even though it's slow, in my book, that's a win. It's small, but it's important. I should take advantage of those wins, no matter how small. It's been about 12 hours since I last thought about something negative. And right now, I still don't feel like doing something horrible. I don't feel bad. I feel great.

"Hey, what's on your mind?" I look up and to my right to see Todoroki looking at me with a smile on his face. I look at him, confused, "What?" "You have this smile on your face and you've been smiling the whole way, we're almost at the cabins," he tells me, with this hint of cheeriness laced in his voice. "Well, I was just thinking about how I've gone so long without thinking about anything bad. This hasn't happened in forever. I don't know, it's just great and I like this. I'm taking it in, and appreciating it because I should appreciate the small things. It's been over ten hours since I've thought about anything bad. Ten hours of feeling normal and great. It might not mean much to others, but for me, it's like winning the lottery and it's still going," I tell him, sounding proud. I am proud. This is great.

He stops walking and pulls away from the side hug he's had me in, taking my hand in his. He's smiling widely. "Really? You feel good?" He sounds excited for me and it makes me feel so much better. "Yeah," I say softly. "Oh this is so great. We have to something. Hm, lets go eat more ice cream. Or lets annoy everyone in the cabin. We can pester Mr. Aizawa," he rants, but stops suddenly, looking at me intently. "Wait, what do you want to do?" He looks honestly happy. "Hm, I don't know. Let's do all of those things. We won't annoy everyone but some people for sure," I say.