Scene 34- Revealing New Things

Start from the beginning

"Yes that is another matter all over. Leaving the school unfinished. Don't you think anything of your career? What will the people say?"

"Mum," Fred moves behind the tilt: "Charlie also didn't make his finals and turned out just fine. Nobody talks of him in a bad way."

"Have you forgotten what trouble and sorrow he brought us when he just left like that? My kids want to give me a heart attack someday," Mum takes a deep breath and tries to recollect her.

"But everything turned out fine in the end and he is happy. Isn't that what counts? Also, we don't start from nothing, we already have a lot of products, a store and a place to live. You will see, we will turn out just fine as well," Fred comes up to her.

"You have to give this a chance Mum," I move up to her as well: "I promise you that this is the right thing for us."

"Better than any school could have toughed us," Fred says.

"Better than any other job."

"Better than any other career."

"This is our thing Mum."

She looks up at us, tears prickling in the corner of her eyes before she pulls both of us close and hugs us tightly.

"Just promise me you take care of yourselves and I hope you have eaten enough, you look way to thin."

We laugh and hug her as well before showing her around the store and when I go upstairs with her to show her where we live she even smiles at how we decorated our home. Simple yet cozy.

"As you can see, we have everything we need and of course you are welcomed in our cozy house every time you want to visit us," I say.

"Indeed it is very lovely. Still, at least a note would have been nice. It isn't as if I would have chopped your head of."

"Ehhh," I get a hit from Mum and grin.

"George!," Fred shouts from downstairs.

"Yes?," I open the door and go outside, downstairs are a few costumers.

"I could need a helping hand," he grins at me.

"I'm on my way," I offer Mum my arm and she takes it gratefully and we both go downstairs: "Like I said Mum, we have everything we need."

"I'll still come in the evening with your dad and some food, you look way too skinny."

My brother and I say our goodbyes to Mum and start to get working. One obstacle managed, many to follow.

---

I still haven't figured out how to contact Anne. We have planned everything through, just not this matter. When the time came for this plan, I haven't thought about her and now I could kick my ass for it. I could have left a note, but no haven't thought about that either.

At least once a day I think about what she is doing and how she might be feeling? It lets me feel so helpless to not be able to catch up with her. All I want to do on some days is turn around to her and tell her what happened, to hear her thoughts on it or to laugh with her on a joke.

That brings me to the point where I have to admit that I never thought about what will happen to the both of us after school. Anne doesn't have a specific plan for her future and I had the shop planned, but we never discussed moving in together or what this means for our relationship.

Because a relationship after school is way different and serious than inside school. It's much harder to maintain what I have witnessed and I don't want to lose what we built ourselves. I haven't fought for her for nothing. I like her too much for that.