Chapter 1

I've finally made the first chapter. Hope you'll all like it. Pls comment and vote. Special mention to for reviewing and editing my story.

HAPPY READING...

There is this quote, one that has always stuck with me that goes, "There are many things worth living for, a few things worth dying for, but nothing worth killing for."

Most people don't want to kill, they don't want to carry the burden of death with them.

But sometimes fate has something different in store, you never know what you would kill for;

Family
Money
Power

Love....

You never know what could happen, what could change your perspective, never know what kind of a person you could become, what could change your life...

So how did I end up being one of those people?

How did I end up holding a gun at someone I know, someone I thought I knew...

Let's start from the beginning...

TRIS POV

Beads of sweat align my forehead and my palm, my heart racing. I thrash around frantically, struggling to open my eyes, my throat constricting...

I shoot up in bed gasping for breath, awoken from yet another dreamless sleep. The room is pitch black as I search for my inhalers on the nightstand. Bringing it to my mouth I take in a huge puff. Air fill my lungs; I sigh as I lean back onto the bed, resting my head on the pillow. I strain my ears to hear if Tori had been woken up by my little scavenger hunt. Silence.... good. She has already done more than enough for me and the last thing I want to do is wake her up from her sleep after a long day.

I glance at the clock on the grey wall behind me, 6:40. Well, I still have an hour and twenty minutes left for work. "Well, might as well make us some breakfast since i won't be going back to sleep anytime soon." It's the least I can do for her.

I take my time going through my clothes before deciding on a white top and light brown cardigan along with dark blue jeans.

I take them to the bathroom and take a quick shower letting the warm water drain out all my sleep

I take them to the bathroom and take a quick shower letting the warm water drain out all my sleep. My hair is all tangled up and unkempt, dark circles under my eyes from the late night shifts and my hands and legs sore from all the training sessions. After changing into my clothes, I dry my hair and brush it out before pulling it back into a neat bun.

I go downstairs to the kitchen, carefully slipping past Tori's room, trying not to wake her up. I reach the kitchen and take out the apron that Tori hangs up on the wall, tying it around my waist. As it belongs to Tori, it goes way past my knees. I decide to make some pancakes, Blueberry pancakes are her favourite.

Half an hour of toiling hard, but the result is worth it. Fluffy pancakes coated with buttermilk and maple syrup, hot freshly brewed coffee and fresh slices of honeydew. The smell is intoxicating and making me hungry.

"Good, I still have about 40 minutes left for work. I'll finish up in here and then wake up Tori." I quietly eat my breakfast and clean up the dishes. As soon as finish up the dishes, I decide to go and wake up Tori. I take out a tray and neatly place around 4 pancakes along with juice and start towards her room. I gently knock on the door before going in.

"Morning Tori" I say as I find her up, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. She looks at the tray in my hands with wide eyes before smiling at me.

"Tris, don't tell me you made all this for me." she says as she takes the tray from me, setting it on her bedside table. I smile at her and shrug.

"You didn't have to do all this," she says giving me a hug.

"It's the least I can do, Tori," I say hugging her back.

"Well, I'd better go get ready for work. See you later." I say before leaving her room.

I go into my room and untie my hair, brushing it and pulling it into a ponytail. Grabbing my phone, I scroll through my messages and see one from Christina,

Christina: Hey bestie. Are you free today?

Tris: If it's shopping then I'm not free.

Christina: I guess today's your lucky day then, cause I just went shopping yesterday.

Tris: Didn't you just go shopping last week?? Seriously Chris, how much do you shop...

Christina: When was the last time you went shopping??

Tris: Umm... last month I guess...

Christina: This is why we need to talk. Coffee at my place. I'll literally drag you here if you don't come. You know I'll do it.

Tris: 5:00? I'll be there. See you soon.

Christina: Sure. I'll be waiting. Bye... Love you

Tris: Love you too. Bye...

I glance at my watch, and realize that I need to leave now if I don't wanna be late. Putting on a little makeup I quickly grab my bag, stuffing my phone, purse, and inhaler into it.

"Tori, I'm leaving for work. I'll be a little late today as I'm meeting up with Chris." I say as I put my shoes on.

"Ok, have fun and call me if you need anything. Bye," she says coming downstairs.

"Sure, Tori. Bye". I dash out the door and get on my bike, hurrying of to the cafe. For some reason, I start feeling uneasy the moment I'm out the gate. Something in me tells me to go back, that something bad is going to happen. I cast those thoughts aside and continue on my way.

"What could possibly go wrong?" I ask myself. Little did I know how wrong I was...

"There are certain moments that mark your life. Moments where you realize that nothing will ever stay the same and that time is divided into two parts; before that and after that...."

Sorry for the late chapter. I had so many ideas in my head and couldn't decide on one. I've come up with a good plot now. Also, the introduction of the chapter was inspired by an episode story by @meesza. Please do comment on your thoughts and ideas.

BE BRAVE ♥️♥️♥