"Leila, how am I here?"

"The witch, she brought you here," I spoke quickly, unable to fathom that Luca was actually in front of me, "but she won't be able to keep you here for too long,"

"Where's here? Are we in the north? It seems a bit too dark-"

"We're in the outskirts, hobbi," I pulled away, only to look up at him, "please don't ask how. I'd just like to be with you before tomorrow,"

"Whats-" He paused, letting out a short breath, "Leila, you're driving me absolutely insane,"

"I know, and I'm sorry. But you have to understand that I'm doing this to keep you safe, Luca. Even if you're the king, who's to say they wouldn't kill you just because I'm with you?" He opened his mouth to protest, but I shook my head, "Luca, they murdered an entire kingdom just so that their daughter could wed you, they have no pride,"

He swallowed, looking down at me, "I'm not going to agree with you, Leila. I would never agree to anything that keeps you away from me,"

He looked so angry, so torn between two choices. Keeping me beside him and risking the entire castles life, or keeping me in the outskirts risking my own. His entire body was stiff and uncomfortable, but he still managed to keep me warm and feeling safe.

"How do you do it so easily?"

"Do what so easily?" I asked, hands sliding off his body.

"Choose to die so everybody else doesn't?"

My lips parted, taken aback by his question.

How did I do it so easily? I mean, I knew I was impulsive, I knew that most of the decisions I made were not thought of properly- rather they were things I did on a whim- but to risk my life for others; how did I do it so easily?

I knew for a fact that, 6 years ago, I wouldn't have made such a decision so easily, but after the war had struck I had become a rather selfless person. Someone that didn't made starving if it meant I saw my seniors well fed. Someone that didn't care if she lost a limb just so that another would have one.

"I guess-" I began, gulping, "I guess I know how it feels to lose someone you love. To have someone you cherish ripped away from you so violently you can't even react," My throat tightened, emotions rushing up my breath, "I don't ever want anybody to feel the way I felt when I lost my mom. Ever,"

His eyes softened the smallest of ways, though his anger was still very, very apparent.

He cupped my cheek with one of his hands and instinctively, my hand wrapped around his wrist. With his eyes persistently staring into my own, he spoke.

"I love you for that,"

A gasp left my lips.

Just as he leaned down, lips a centimetre away from mine, his warmth left my pores. His eyes, in all their blue-ish beauty, disappeared and his skin- vanished into thin air; like dust from a sand dune flying into the atmosphere. I stood still, hand still raised from holding his wrist, in silence.

He said he loved me and faded.

The strings of my heart pulled, forcing my lips to waver.

A hand squeezed my shoulder.

"I'm sorry, Leila," Kate croaked, "I couldn't keep him there any longer,"

With Luca, I forgot she was there. With Luca, only him and I existed.

I love you, too.

Suddenly, I wished I said it back.

I turned around, each step echoing through the 4 walls of her home and wrapped my arms around Kate. Deeply, I desired comfort and stability, but this world was throwing me into a wormhole of inconvenience and discomfort. It was slamming my heart into a table of knives repeatedly as if telling me I was not meant for normality.

A tear left my eyes, wetting the thin fabric of Kate's longsleeve shirt.

Surprisingly, her arms slid around me and rubbed my back.

"He loves you,"

"I know," I whimpered, "I love him too,"

"The you better make it out alive to say it back to him,"

"I will,"

Kate remained silent.

I concluded it was one of the things I liked about her. That she didn't talk too much- that she didn't give me too much hope. She was blunt, sometimes awfully so, but it helped. In the end, it helped relieve the pain; even if it was in the smallest of ways.

I will make it out alive, I thought to myself.

For Luca, I will make it out alive.

-_-

Short chapter, I KNOW, dont attack me *sobs violently*.

Next chapter will be a long, long one. Are y'all excited? Leila will try to capture the soul of one of the outskirt monsters. Will she capture enough to build her army? Will she even be able to capture them?

Also, what do you think of the queen of witches? Do all witches hate her as Kate does? Or is it only Kate that does, because she lost her daughter to a witch.

Also, thank you so much for the positive comments last chapter!! Turns out I have to finish this book for applying so you best believe i will try my best to finish it as fast as possible. I will try to update every day from now on! Mwah! Have a great day!