↳ mount olympus

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

ALL TOO WELL

 THE LIGHTNING THIEF[ M O U N T   O L Y M P U S ]

THE LIGHTNING THIEF
[ M O U N T   O L Y M P U S ]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

THE WORLD SEEMED to be crashing down around Natalia Flynn. Either that, or the world was perfectly stable and her mind was swirling with a multitude of thoughts. Everything from their encounter in the Underworld to Percy fighting Ares on the beach. She guessed it's the second option, because as soon as she stepped out of that taxi cab and looked up at the huge Empire State Building, she felt a sense of normalcy. A little ridiculous since this is where the Gods lived and they were everything but normal.

It was only her and Percy now. He had told her, Annabeth, and Grover to get back to Half-Blood Hill and tell Chiron about their quest. However, Natalia had argued that she would stick by his side while talking to the Gods. She didn't want him to do it alone. After some intimidation from her silver glare, Percy begrudgingly agreed.

Walking into the building was a little weird. They must have looked like homeless kids that lived on the streets of Manhattan. Natalia's now frizzy hair was pulled haphazardly back into a ponytail. Her clothes were ripped in some places. Dirt and grime streaked her face like war paint. And not to mention the dark bags under her eyes from not sleeping for twenty-four hours.

Percy stopped at the front desk. "Six hundredth floor."

The guard, too encaptured in his Harry Potter book (Natalia had to admit, he had good taste), took a moment to look up. "No such floor, kiddo."

"We kind of need to have a talk with Zeus," Natalia admitted. "It's urgent."

The guard gave her a vacant smile. "Sorry?"

"Zeus," she continued. "You know, Lord of the sky, king of the Gods? Ring a bell?"

He hesitated for a moment. Natalia wondered if she'd mistaken him for a regular mortal when he finally said, "No appointment, no audience, kiddo. Lord Zeus doesn't see anyone unannounced."

"I think we've got something that will change your mind."

Natalia glanced at Percy who responded with a small nod. He took off his backpack and unzipped the top, revealing Zeus' lightning bolt. The guard looked at it for a moment before his face went pale.

"That isn't . . ."

"Yes, it is," Percy countered. "You want me to take it out and-"