↳ mount tamalpais

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

ALL TOO WELL

THE TITAN'S CURSE[ M O U N T   T A M A L P A I S ]

THE TITAN'S CURSE
[ M O U N T   T A M A L P A I S ]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

WITH SOME ASSISTANCE from Zoë, the group finally made it past the guard dragon. Natalia Flynn let out a breath of relief once they did. As they ran up up the mountain, she heard the Hesperides singing behind them. She almost wondered if she was running towards her death. No, Natalia thought to herself. I will not die. I have to save Annabeth and Artemis. They need me right now.

When they reached of the top of the mountain, Natalia saw ruins of black granite and marble, broken columns, and half-melted bronze statues. She stopped in her tracks and glanced around in awe.

"The ruins of Mount Othrys," Thalia whispered.

"Yes," Zoë agreed. "It was not here before. This is bad."

"What's Mount Othrys?" Percy asked, not knowing Greek Mythology as per usual.

"The mountain fortress of the Titans," Zoe answered. "In the first war, Olympus and Othrys were the two rival capitals of the world. Othrys was-" She suddenly winced and held her side in pain.

Natalia frowned. "Zoë, you're hurt."

"No! It is nothing. I was saying . . . in the first war, Othrys was blasted to pieces."

"But . . . how is it here?" Percy questioned.

Natalia bit her lip nervously as they picked their way through the ruins. "Well, it moves the same way Olympus does, and always exists on the edge of civilization. But having it on this mountain . . . well, it's not good, Percy."

"Why?"

"This is Atlas' mountain," Zoe replied. "Where he holds—" She froze, her voice suddenly ragged with despair. "Where he used to hold up the sky."

Something about her tone made Natalia worried. She tapped her silver bracelet and clenched her silver bow tightly for comfort. It somehow always managed to calm her down.

They finally reached the summit. Ahead of them, gray clouds swirled in a heavy vortex which made a funnel cloud. It almost touched the mountaintop, but instead it rested on the shoulders of a twelve-year-old auburn-haired girl in a tattered silvery dress: the Goddess Artemis, bound to the rock by her legs with Celestial Bronze chains.

"Mother!" Natalia exclaimed.

"My Lady!" Zoë began to rush forwards, but Artemis stopped her.

"Stop! It is a trap. You must leave now."