↳ the battle of manhattan

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

ALL TOO WELL

THE LAST OLYMPIAN[ T H E   B A T T L E   O FM A N H A T T A N ]

THE LAST OLYMPIAN
[ T H E   B A T T L E   O F
M A N H A T T A N ]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

*buckle up, kids. this is one hell of a chapter. if I'm being honest with you, I really didn't feel like splitting up the battle of manhattan into a hundred little different pieces. therefore, it's one extremely long saga, resting at over 28,000 words. so I suggest you get comfortable and have a snack and a drink by your side. enjoy this wild rollercoaster*

NATALIA FLYNN HAD really grown into herself. Her hair was no longer as frizzy as it was when she was younger and now cascaded down her back in pretty waves. She had gotten taller and stronger, and had even perfected her powers. Her glare was the most powerful it had ever been and she learned to control her moonlight better. And her archery? Well, let's just say she could pretty much impale a singular leaf at the top of a tree without even hesitating for a second.

All of these proved to be beneficial as she stood in the streets of Manhattan. Everything except the part about her hair, of course. Silena Beauregard had neatly put her hair in a tight French braid so it wouldn't come out during battle. The battle that was extremely inevitable and was probably going to start soon.

About forty campers from Camp Half-Blood — besides the Ares Cabin — gathered around Percy and his Hellhound, Mrs. O'Leary. They had arrived in the strawberry van with Argus driving. Natalia shifted uncomfortably. So many Demigods in one area would definitely attract a good amount of monsters.

Annabeth and Natalia walked up to Percy. Both her and Natalia were wearing black camouflage, though Natalia's was lined with a little bit of silver. Annabeth had her Celestial Bronze knife strapped to her arm and a bag holding Daedalus' laptop slung over her shoulder. Natalia's bow was over her shoulder and she had it tucked into her side. Her quiver was filled with plenty of arrows, but she was afraid that the magical quiver would need time to regenerate in the middle of battle. It could only give her so many Celestial Bronze arrows at once.

The blonde frowned at Percy. "What is it?"

"What's what?" he asked.

"You're looking at me funny."

He was. Natalia studied him for a moment. Something about him seemed . . . different.

"It's, uh, nothing." Percy looked at the rest of the Demigods. "Thanks for coming, everybody. Chiron, after you."

The Centaur shook his head. "I came to wish you luck, my boy. But I make it a point never to visit Olympus unless I am summoned."