↳ artemis and apollo

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

ALL TOO WELL

THE TITAN'S CURSE[ A R T E M I S   A N D   A P O L L O ]

THE TITAN'S CURSE
[ A R T E M I S   A N D   A P O L L O ]

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧    ✦    ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

NATALIA FLYNN DIDN'T really know what was going on. One moment she was inside the gymnasium dancing with Percy, and the next she was fighting a Manticore who was going to kidnap them along with Bianca and Nico di Angelo. Good thing she had ADHD, because if she didn't, she would probably be more hopelessly confused than she already was.

With an intelligent move by Annabeth under her cap of invisibility, Dr. Thorn was taken by surprise. Annabeth plowed through Natalia, Percy, and the di Angelos, knocking them to the ground. Dr. Thorn let his first volley of missiles fly, but they all missed due to his confusion.

Thalia and Grover now had a chance to advance from behind. She wielded her magic shield, Aegis, that was modeled from the one Athena gifted Zeus. It had the head of the Gorgon Medusa (Natalia shuddered, remembering her encounter with her), and its vision was so horrible it would make anyone panic and run the other way. Dr. Thorn even winced and growled when he saw it.

She advanced with her spear in her other hand. "For Zeus!"

Dr. Thorn snarled and swatted her spear aside as she jabbed at her head. His hand suddenly changed into an orange paw with enormous claws that sparked against Thalia's shield as he slashed. She managed to roll backwards and land on her feet.

Natalia glanced down. Her silver bracelet glinted in the moonlight. She smirked and tapped it, clenching it tightly. The sound of the helicopter was getting louder and louder. Natalia didn't let it distract her and instead let loose a Celestial Bronze arrow. It embedded itself in Dr. Thorn's shoulder. He roared and sent a volley of missiles from his spiky tail at her. Natalia's eyes widened and she rolled out of the way, managing to dodge all of the spikes.

Grover came forward. He raised his reed pipes and began to play a frantic jig. Grass broke through the snow and thick weeds wrapped around Dr. Thorn's leg. He roared again and began to change, growing larger into his true form - his face still human, yet his body was a lion.

"A Manticore!" Annabeth exclaimed, now visible since her Yankees cap had come off when she'd plowed into them.

"Who are you people?" Bianca di Angelo demanded. "And what is that?"

"A Manticore?" Nico gasped. "He's got three thousand attack power and plus five to saving throws!"

Natalia blinked. She had no idea what the hell he was talking about, but there was no time to dwell on it. The Manticore ripped apart Grover's magic weeds and turned towards the group with a snarl.