25 | fate or fade

Start from the beginning

I still regret everyday for being only her friend when I could have been something more.

Now... it was too late.

You know the saying that you don't realise it's too late until it's gone? This is me now hating myself so much for not realising my feelings for her earlier.

I like her much more than I imagined and I want to win her heart. It doesn't matter if her heart is with Jongdae hyung now because I'm going to prove to her that I can give her much much more than he can.

You see, I never asked for much in my whole life... but for once this time, I want to ask for her to come to me, not him.

I was on the brink of confessing my feelings then, hoping that I could talk some sense into her, but she just wouldn't give me the chance.

"Enough is enough, Jaehyun. And I will say this for the first and last time. Don't ever say things that'll come between me and Jongdae again," she sternly warned and I didn't dare to say more in fear that she might really walk away from me.

I could lose any other friend in my life but not her. Not after realising how great a girl she was.

...

Jisoo's POV

I arrived back at the dorm in the evening, my head loaded with thoughts about Jaehyun. I was expecting our meetup to be a casual and happy reunion, not for it to be some relationship counselling / confession session.

I pulled out my hair like a crazy woman, feeling so done with the past two days. We were given such precious day-offs amidst the busy pre-debut period, but this was how I end up spending both days... frustratedly.

Ahh, I miss Jongdae already again. I needed him as my happy pill.

Seeing how I still had time before our curfew (10pm), I sent a text to Jongdae wondering if we could meet up for a short while.

I wasn't putting my hopes up though, because he said before that he might be too busy today to reply my texts, let alone meeting me.

Still, I tried my luck, and it worked because a reply soon came.

JD 😘: I'm outside for a photoshoot. Don't think I'm leaving anytime soon

I sighed into my phone and sprawled down on my mattress in the bedroom. I guess happy pill is not available for me today. The other girls were out too so I was all alone.

Then a second text dropped in.

JD 😘: ....do you wanna drop by?

Reading the message once got me up on my feet in a skip beat.

I asked if it was possible for me to show up and Jongdae assured me that it was fine, so I got dressed again. I decided to change my outfit from before because I wanted to look good in front of Jongdae.