CHAPTER TWELVE- the final goodbye ✔️

Start from the beginning

I then head back to the pack house. We had wolves to prepare for their memorial. Plus the Lycan would be arriving later on today.

When I got back I seen Meri and Emily just sitting by Brent and Bryan.  Meri was not letting anyone touch her mates yet. I walked up to her, "Meri, we need to decide what we need to do. Do we want them in their nice outfit? warrior uniform? causal?  Do you want them in the same raft or different raft? Who do you want to fire the arrow? What belongings do you want placed in the rafts?"

She shook her head, "I cannot wash them. The doctor told me to just watch. I want to do it but it risk the last gift they gave me." She pats her stomach. "The doctor said they are to heavy for me to do it. How can I let anyone do what I am suppose to do?" Tears start to run down her face.

"I have an idea, I will send in mom and the sisters. I will move your chair around to wash their feet. Then let everyone else wash the rest of them. Then since the warrior equipment is heavy. I send in their trusted warriors they consider their honor guard and they dress them in full honor. They will then carry you and your chair around from feet to head. Then you braid their hair. You give them their final kiss before you place the helmet on.  This way you do the first and last item. Still spend the whole time sitting. However will ask the nurse to stay with you to check you periodically."

She nods her head and I move her to their feet. Emily hands her the washcloth so she starts there. Meri looked at Emily, "Why don't you assist me. You were their mother." Then the others came in and helped prepare their bodies. When we were done I then linked the warriors whom were going to be the honor guards came in and dressed them. Meri sat in her chair and everyone else stood along the wall. Meri was moved to their hair. She combed it and did the warrior braid. She looked at me, "please have the girls brought in to say goodbye to their daddies." I then linked Claire and she brought the babies. Meri stood up and leaned foreword and kissed them. The grandmothers each brought a girl. They saw their daddies, "daddy nigh nigh." They kissed their cheeks and tried to crawl on their daddies. When the grandmothers pulled them back they started crying. "Dada dada" Meri then snapped their helmet closed. She turned and took the girls from her mom and mother in law. She walked out of the room with tears running down her face and trying to comfort her crying pups. She took them into the room the doctors have been keeping her in and shut the door.

I linked the warriors, "go offer to dress Benjamin. When they have him ready link me. We will set up the front yard up as the viewing." I then turned to the nurse, "go make sure she is ok from carrying the twins." I then went to my office and closed the door.

30 minutes later the guards linked Ben is ready. I messaged the pack "in 15 minutes i will be leading the families to the viewing." Once ten minutes had passed I walked out of my office. I went to Benjamin's room first. I knocked. The door opened. Four warriors were carrying him and his family were walking behind him. I then proceeded to the next door. My sister came out. I saw Izzy and Ana were holding the twins. She took her place behind Benjamin's family. I proceeded down the hall and knocked on the Beta's door. I knocked and the door opened I saw Emily open the door. I was met by Eight warriors carrying Brent and Bryan. They got behind Meri. I continued walking down the hall. When I got to the doors to leave this wing along the hallways stood pack members. They stood up straight and placed their right hand over their heart as I lead the way to the front courtyards. As the procession past they joined the line. When we got to the front door a pack membered opened the door. In the court yard was the rest of the pack, the council and the Lycan. I went down the row they left opened. At the front were three stands for the fallen comrades to rest on. Their was one chair by each stand. A family member would take turns sitting there for the next 24 hours. It is during this time any friends could stop and pay tribute to the fallen warriors.