Black Out

Skimmons!

Requested by: -agxnt

Simmons was standing by her lab station when the lights went out. She'd been examining blood samples from the latest batch of Inhumans brought in. Nothing ever changed, but she always insisted on double checking the test results anyway.

She frowned, wondering what happened.

Fitz, who sat besides her at the other table, spoke first. "Huh."

"What do you think happened?" Jemma asked. "No alarms set off."

The Scotsman got up and gently down his invention. Jemma hadn't been paying much attention to whatever he'd been working on, but it appeared to be an improved version of an icer — still in an early testing stage, of course.

"Yeah," Fitz replied. "I'll check the generators, and in a second—" red lights flashed on from the backups— "aaand there we go!"

The lights weren't exactly the brightest, unlike the bright florescent bulbs that were usually on throughout the base. He managed to find his way to the exit with only stumbling into three microscopes; actually an improvement. Jemma spoke with personal experience with that one, as well.

The biochemist turned her attention back to the blood cells. She grabbed a piece of paper and jotted down a few more notes and data and numbers. Jemma reread it, occasionally fixing any errors she'd made. Her best friend always said she never let a mistake slip.

Jemma smiled a little, and then started towards the drawer of her desk. She needed to retrieve an Inhuman file — such as Daisy's — in order to properly compare the results. If she was right, both their DNA structures would be similarly reformed.

Her smile grew even wider as Jemma's thoughts shifted to Daisy. She didn't even notice as she ran into the exact person she'd been thinking about.

Daisy tripped forwards and collided painfully with the floor. Jemma yelped and fell back —before landing on something. Or someone. Both teammates stared at each other, temporarily stunned.

Jemma broke the silence. "Hey." She hoped that the red lights hid her furious blushing.

"Hiya," Daisy said, grinning. She felt her face warming up.

"Do you know why the lights went out?" Daisy shook her head, but kept the big smile on her face. It suited her well.

"I have no utter clue as to why, matey."

Jemma turned her head to the side at her friend quizzically. "You sound so formal when you say it like that."

"Well, it impressed you, my little British friend!" Daisy exclaimed. She still made no move to get off the floor and realized that she stared for a beat longer into Jemma's brown-golden eyes. "And I kinda like having that feeling under my belt."

Jemma rolled her eyes half-heartedly and said, "We don't say 'matey', by the way, that's a pirate."

"Says who?" Daisy demanded. They both stared one another down before bursting out laughing.

Then...Jemma took a plunge, and she could only hope for a positive response. It didn't seem likely, said the reasonable part of her brain. But her lips still connected with Daisy's.

Feeling a little surprised at first, Daisy followed her lead and moved into the kiss. She felt the empty part of her heart fill in using the warmth from one Jemma Simmons. They both were passionate about it, being something that's crossed both their minds in the past.

Finally, something seemed to be going right in SHIELD.

I don't know how I feel about this, but whatever. AND OMG IM LISTENING TO YHE THE PERCY JACKSON MUSICAL AND I LOVE IT SO MUCH— ¯\_(ツ)_/¯