Sensory Overload

Tony is there to help Peter after a sensory overload.

As soon as Peter Parker woke up, he knew it wouldn't be a good day.

Maybe it was the rain pouring down from above, darkening the once blue sky into a navy color. Or maybe it was the constant buzzing in his ear, symbolizing the prospect of his spidey-sense.

He got out of his twin sized bed with a light groan. May wasn't home to tell him it was a bad idea to go to school, so Peter intended to go. Then, he crossed the room over to the window and peered outside. Pretty useless seeing as you couldn't even see at least 5 feet.

Peter sighed, knowing he would have to walk all the way to the subway in this weather and with the prospect of a sensory overload from the constant tap taps of the rainfall.

He slowly got dressed before realizing he had to leave right now in order to not miss the subway. So instead, he chugged half a bottle of mouth wash and chucked a piece of bread into the blender. Yes, the blender, because how else would you drink bread as a smoothie?

Peter made it out the door with only a few minutes left until the train left. He started sprinting and went down the steps two at a time. Once out the front door of the apartment building, he picked up his pace all the way towards the nearby metro.

The brunette boarded the subway with earbuds in his ears. He was listening to Shoot to Thrill, a song by one of Tony Stark's favorite bands. Peter was just slightly annoyed that Mr. Stark had gotten him hooked onto this type of music, because now he couldn't stop.

He arrived at school just as the bell rang, signaling everyone to go to their first class of the day. Peter didn't even get the chance to ask Ned about his new Lego set before hurling his butt over to Advanced Chemistry; it was on the far side of the school's largest sector.

Flash intentionally bumped into him along the way there, making Peter trip over someone else. His bully smirked while Peter's hands flew up to his ears, trying to drown out the sound of a loud bunch of teenagers. So much for the idea of avoiding the crowds.

Shoes squeaked on the tile floor that Peter still kneeled down on. Squeak squeak!

His enhanced hearing was able to still pick up the incoming precipitation. Tap tap!

The excited chatter of his fellow student body was ringing in his ears. It hurt and Peter was having trouble seeing straight with the fogginess consuming him. Peter gasped, it was too much. His clothing was itchy and was trapping him. The teen couldn't breathe.

The hallway soon cleared out; nobody stopped to help the poor kid sitting on the floor, trying to grasp his papers. Peter picked up his phone and tried to desperately unlock it. Once he was at the main screen, he pushed down on the home button to alert Karen, his AI.

"Karen, sensory overload!" He exclaimed as quitely as he could muster while another shot of pain went through his head.

The AI was not dumb, she easily spotted the signs and knew the proper protocol. "I recommend calling Tony, Peter. Shall I-"

"N- no! I don't want to bother him..." That was all Karen needed to hear before doing the exact opposite of that.

Tony Stark sat on the couch in the Avengers Tower common room. He was just browsing his phone, looking for something to do when an alert from Peter's AI popped up. Sensory overload, Peter requires assistance.

Tony sprang up, startling Bucky and Steve who were watching an old black and white film.

"Where are you going?" One of them yelled as the billionaire sprinted towards the elevator doors.

Tony didn't respond and spammed the elevator button to take him to he roof. From there, his nanotech suit was waiting to be used. Then, Tony flew all the way to Midtown in a new record of barely a minute.

The side doors were locked for safety reasons, of course, but this was an absolute emergency. That's why Tony blasted open the door and ran inside, searching for Peter with no regard for rules.

He soon spotted the disheveled kid lying on the floor with his eyes firmly shut. His phone sat next to him along with a navy blue backpack.

"It's okay, Pete. I'm here for you, and always will be."

Peter merely slurred and whispered so softly, Tony wasn't sure he heard him right, "T'anks, Dad.