vii. cadium

"WORKPLACE MASSACRE THIS morning at Synalock Incorporated. That's in Charlottesville, which is practically our own backyard." Garcia informs the team, who just arrived in the briefing room. Spencer looks at the screen, before looking at Willow who is looking at the screen in concentration.

"That's a high body count." Emily points out as they look at the screen, showing all the victims of the shooting.

"Yeah, 8 victims in total. All employees, including the CEO. 5 were shot, 3 were stabbed to death." Garcia says as she shows all the different pictures of all the bodies.

"A gun and a knife. That's highly unusual." Spencer points out, as he frowns.

"It could be two killers." JJ suggests with a shrug.

"That would be the first time for a workplace killing." Rossi points out, as Willow frowns in realisation.

"Their business is Internet security for corporations. They didn't have video surveillance?" Willow asks I'm disbelief as she detaches her eyes from the screen, before looking at the others.

"They just moved into a new building. They didn't have time to set up their system yet." Garcia says sadly.

"How is it no one heard or saw anything?" JJ wonders, confused by that slight detail.

"This killer was prepared. Highly organized. This was premeditated." Emily explains, making Hotch nod as he walks up to her.

"He kept his emotions contained."

"Pretty hard to do for the typical workplace killer who's mentally ill or outraged about some perceived injustice." Spencer muses, making Willow nod in agreement as she crosses her arms over chest.

"The high body count indicates a hell of a lot of rage." Rossi points out.

"One employee, John Owen, was MIA. Local P. D. haven't been able to locate him yet." Garcia informs them.

"Any unhappy clients?" Derek asks, making Emily hum.

"Or a domestic situation among the employees?" Emily asks as well.

"Don't know, but your friendly neighborhood genius girl, and I mean the one who isn't in the field being an absolute badass with a cute ass, will find out." Garcia says, making the brunette Willow, making the team chuckle softly.

"Bottom line is a mass killing is a classic show of force. It's a way to become known." Derek says, as he looks at Garcia.

"Which is why suicide, often by cop, is usually part of the plan." Spencer says, before pressing his lips together tightly.

"So where's the unsub?" JJ asks, frowning in confusion.

"He has a reason to stay hidden." Rossi points out.

"He's not finished yet." Hotch says, his signature frown adorning his face. "Lets go."

The team packs up their things, before they all start making their way to the elevator and leaving the building as quick as possible. Spencer opens the back door of the car, letting Willow in, before following. Hotch and Rossi sitting in front of seats of the car.

"What is about UnSubs always picking a moment in which I'm doing something interesting to out leash their inner demons?" Willow muses as she leans against the head rest.

"It's nine am. What were you doing?" Spencer asks in confusion.

"Sleeping. That's by far the most important activity in my life." Willow states strongly, making Spencer roll his eyes, Rossi chuckle and Hotch smile at her in amusement through the rear view mirror.