ii. techetium

"SO YOU WORKED WITH THE BAU as a consultant, never worked on field and now suddenly you're entrusted with the safety of an FBI Agent. What's so special about you?" Senator Cramer asks the brunette sitting calmly across from him.

"I suppose my IQ and the fact that I'm a Medical Doctor, as well as a trusted friend. But who am I to think logically?" She asks, making the Senator scoff as he shakes his head.

"Show a bit more respect, Doctor Crawford. You may not have been involved as much as the others, but you're in just as much trouble. And when I look at your file from when you worked for the FBI, you didn't even have a badge." Senator says, making her smile sarcastically as she leans back in her chair.

"I never worked on field. I'm just a consultant. On paper i was part of the team, but there was not a single moment in which a badge was necessary." Willow says, keeping her head up.

"So, why did you leave the team? It says here, personal reasons." He asks, making her clear her throat comfortably as she remembers the long night she had spent.

"I wasn't used to the danger that came, and when I was put in it, I couldn't handle it. So I resigned." She states firmly, making him nod.

"So, you were left in charge of taking care of Emily as she went undercover. You left everything behind, a life you had built, just for someone you worked with?" Senator asks, making her take in a deep breath to stop herself from snapping at him. 

"She's not just someone I worked with. They're not just someone I worked with, they're my family." Willow says through clenched teeth.

"Well, it seems like more family. You seem to have had a romantic relationship with Agent Reid." He says, making her sigh in annoyance.

"Doctor Reid and I did have a romantic relationship. But we broke it off when I left." Willow says, making sure to put emphasis on the word Doctor.

"Okay. You may go. I'll send someone to call you all in." Senator Cramer says, making her nod as she stands up, before walking out to see the team waiting for her. They all look up at her expectingly.

"How'd it go?" Strauss asks, making her take a deep breath.

"I'm not sure to be honest. All I know is he pissed me off." Willow grumbles, making Emily smile wearily, before hugging her quickly.

"I'm sorry. You left and now you're being dragged back into this mess." Emily says apologetically, making Willow shake her head.

"When you came knocking at my door, late at night, I accepted the consequences that would come with it." Willow assures her, as they smile at each other.

"By the way, I like your new look." Derek says, making her smile as she shakes her head to show off her short wavy hair.

"Thank you." Willow smiles happily, her smile dropping as she makes eye contact with Spencer, who seems heartbroken.

"Everyone can come in." An officer says, making them all nod and walk in. They all take a seat at the long table I'm front of the Senator, with Emily in between, on her left Derek, Garcia, JJ and on her right, Willow, Hotch, Rossi, Spencer.

"This team took many unprecedented risks. None were approved. The DIOG has rules, and you chose to ignore every last one. That's blatant disrespect to the bureau and to authority of law in general. What I find interesting is that you are the experts in behavior but find nothing wrong with yours." Senator says to the team.

"May I?" Emily cuts in. "The journey was not traditional, but this team neutralized 4 international criminals and saved the life of a young boy in the process."

"You started a war with Ian Doyle years ago that this team and the U. S. government had to finish. The rest of you are dismissed. Agent Prentiss, we're not done." Senator says, making them all but Emily stand up. Willow gives her a reassuring smile, before following JJ and the rest out. After a while, they all make their way back to the office, but Emily makes a stop at where a picture of her is hung to show respect to her death.

"Hey. I never thought we'd be taking one of these down." Rossi says as he walks up to her, before he tries to remove the picture, with no luck.

"I already tried. It's screwed in." Emily chuckles, making Rossi groan in annoyance.

"You're kidding me." He buffs just as Garcia joins them with a screwdriver in hind.

"I got this. I also have Sergio." Garcia informs Emily, who grins happily at the news.

"Oh, I knew you would."

"I need visitation rights." Garcia says with a pout, making Emily giggle.

"He's a love, isn't he?" Emily asks, as JJ, Hotch and Willow make their way to them.

"Yeah, he's takes after his mom." Garcia says, making Emily bean just as Spencer and Derek arrive. Derek looks angrily at Hotch, before walking past, but Hotch catches up him.

"Morgan. I know what you've been through. I understand that you're angry, but I hope that you understand that this is not about you...or me. This was about saving Emily." Hotch let's him know.

"We need to talk." Strauss says to the team as she walks past them hurriedly. They all follow her into the briefing room, as she stands in front of them. "The committee made it clear they will not support a rogue team. Agent Prentiss convinced them you were not that. They will be watching you closely. So I suggest you play by their rules."

"So we're ok?" Garcia asks in relief, making Strauss nod.

"Suspension is lifted for everyone." Strauss announces, making them all sigh in relief.

"Thank you, ma'am." JJ says happily.

"There may be more paperwork, considering your... situation, but the team is lucky to have you, if you're interested. Same goes for you, Doctor Crawford." Strauss says, making Willow look away as the team looks at her and Emily.

"May I think about it?" Emily asks, making Strauss nod.

"Of course." Strauss nods in understanding.

"I'm in." Emily says, making them all chuckle.

"How about you, Doctor Crawford?" Strauss asks, making Willow take in a deep breath, as she looks at Strauss, before looking at Spencer as if silently asking his approval. She licks her lip in thought, before looking back at Strauss.

"I'll get a badge this time right?" Willow asks teasingly, making everyone smile at the thought of having her back with them.

"I have a stack of cases on my desk. I'm happy to pass them all off to you." Strauss says with a smile.

"I'll pick them up in the morning." Hotch says with a nod, before Strauss walks out, leaving the team behind.

"Emily, uh... What did you tell them?" Derek asks Emily.